Good headsets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Bose Quite Comfort 2

Bose Quite Comfort 2 with the UFLYMIKE conversion...hands down the best thing I've ever bought for aviation!!! Extrememly comfortable and great noise canceling (not quite as good as the X but for half the cost). Only problem is you have to keep up on the batteries. If they die the headset dies, no passive. I keep 4 fresh rechargables in the case at all times. Can usually go about 2 four day trips on 2 fresh batteries. I had this setup both in the BE1900 and the RJ and it works great for both.

I understand some airlines either frown on or flat don't let you use them, but Mike just got them TSO'd by the FAA so that might change. Customer service is fantastic as well. I had a short in one of the cables and sent it back. He had a new cable installed, upgraded the electronics to the RJ setup and sent it back to me in less than a week at no charge.

Being a commuter, the true beauty of this headset comes when you're sitting in the back. Unplug the headset boom, plug in the IPod and drown out the screamin kids and the old man askin how you fly the airplane from a seat in back. The headphones alone are the best I've ever heard, and I've tried em all. Oh yeah, theres a plug for the IPod on the Mic adapter as well, if thats your thing!!!

Last edited:
I had the bose X used it for years. About a year ago I bought the clarity aloft. Works great, but takes some getting used to. Great sound quality...not as quiet as the bose but it also only weighs 1 oz. opposed to 12.

I tried the bose qc2's for about a week. They worked well in the 700...but in the 200 I noticed I had the volumes turned way up just to hear ATC. Did anybody else have this experience?

I did have this problem with the basic mic setup, but when I got it back with the RJ setup it was better. Does take some getting used too.

Grove,
I fly with the D/Clarks and earplugs in the might beeeeeeeeoooooootch.
Many commuters have bought the QC2/uflymike combo. They really like the ability to use them during the commute and at work.
I know a guy who flys with the clarity set-up and really likes it.

Demo a few and go with what you know.

Good luck
s

Grove,
I fly with the D/Clarks and earplugs in the might beeeeeeeeoooooootch.
Many commuters have bought the QC2/uflymike combo. They really like the ability to use them during the commute and at work.
I know a guy who flys with the clarity set-up and really likes it.

Demo a few and go with what you know.

Good luck
s

I've been using the Clarity Aloft for about 6 months. No complaints whatsoever. They just came out with a "Pro" version for a couple hundred more. I have the regular one.

As far as TSO goes...why is it that the Bose/UFM combo seems to be singled out in this?? All the Lightspeeds and quite a few other also aren't currently TSO'd, yet the QC2/UFM is the only one that usually gets mentioned (and it has the TSO in process). Doesn't seem fair. Thoughts??

Latest resources

Back