• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good CRJ preflights

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Are you that guy who's named on peoples' signatures, known as the village idiot?

Irrelevant. Why do pilots only check this stuff when it is contract time? It is quite hypocritical. Use common sense when you do a walk around for christs sake. Basically the message is that pilots only really care about safety when it is contract time.

Irrelevant. Why do pilots only check this stuff when it is contract time? It is quite hypocritical. Use common sense when you do a walk around for christs sake. Basically the message is that pilots only really care about safety when it is contract time.

Sorry, you just sounded like a prick in your original post.

A large amount of this inspiration actually comes from our FOM (which stands for flight operations manual). The FOM is a 300 page contract between the employee and the company. If you break any of the declarations in the FOM, they would blame you.

The company has recently issued us memos that we are to write up all discrepancies, and that we are no longer to "play" mechanic by deciding for ourselves if it is legal or not.

That means: If there is a discrepancy you write it up.

Hope that helps clear up your confusion.

By the way, who made you king to declare hypocrisy? Sound's to me like you are the hypocrite when you tell the fed you don't listen to your ipod..

hellonewman:
Simple solution only read or use the ipod when there is no FAA person, check airmen, or even a regular guy in the jumpseat. What they don't know can't hurt them.

Last edited:
Incorrect...

You have included a logical flaw in your argument there Hello-tard....

If it were true that I only cared about writing stuff up when it is contract time, then logic would also dictate something else about me....

Your logic dictates that someone like myself with an eye for detail and quick wit to match may only care about abusing those with the mental acuity and intelligence to defend themselves.

However-observe as I screw with you, despite the fact that you are weak, stupid, and mentally fragile-in other words, when the pickings are easy.....

You sir, are the prototypical moron! You are such a huge moron that multiple people here actually quote the moronic things you write in their own signatures to mock you! You are the type of moron that other lesser morons can only hope to become if they suffer
the misfortune of being dropped on their heads from heights in excess of 12 ft.!

So you see, there Hello-Tard, I don't always wait for a challenge, sometimes I take the easy way out and go for the low-hanging fruit-yourself!

-Perhaps the Noid should have avoided your Mom-you wouldn't exist!
-F-Tard!!!

With that much time cant you guys move onto a legacy? Instead of making travel harder for the flying passenger.
I know their hiring since you guys are all whining that everybody is leaving. Which I thought was supposed to be a good thing.

I’m unhappy here myself so you know what I’m doing? I’m moving onto bigger and better things.

That's a genius idea. Ready everybody, let's all just leave. Whoever takes our jobs can deal with having no contract.

On a serious note, for a 40 year old you are not showing much wisdom.

The legacy carrier you speak of has what they have because of employees trying to raise the bar over the past 50 years. If everyone had your mentality no job would ever improve because the company would have no incentive to do so.

If you could have "your" perfect world and delete every strike and job action that has occurred in history, what would you have now?

Thanks!

With that much time cant you guys move onto a legacy? Instead of making travel harder for the flying passenger.
I know their hiring since you guys are all whining that everybody is leaving. Which I thought was supposed to be a good thing.

I’m unhappy here myself so you know what I’m doing? I’m moving onto bigger and better things.

WOW!
Your thoughtful insights are truly mind-blowing! You are a damn genius! File an application somewhere else? Apply for a better job?

I had never thought of either of those two things! You are gifted!!! I think I will call everyone I know and tell all of them to get off their lazy butts and get better jobs!

Are you really stupid enough to imagine that no one here is trying?

-Just Damn!

Another valuable flightinfo thread gone to crap....

Back to the original topic - what are you guys looking for when checking the landing gear strut extension? I can't find any guidance in our FOM, or reference manual...

Latest resources

Back