• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Good, Bad, and Ugly of Flexjet????

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Let's be honest here. Our vacation time is BS. Yeah we get 13 days off but, 8 of those days I AM PAYING FOR OUT OF MY OWN DAYS OFF.

We should at least be paid 7 days for a vacation since we obviously don't work the traditional M-F.

This is another way the company is screwing us but, no one seems to recognize it.

Vacation and rolling rest have already been listed as bad. Some guys also have a hard time not having a schedule. The owners only have to give 6 hours notice for us to pick them up, so you get changes from leg to leg. Some ex 121 guys don't like that, so caveat emptor.

Rolling rest? Floating rest? What’s that?

If it’s what I think it is, it’s illegal. FLOPS enjoyed an indefinite rest arrangement for years. Once the union was voted in it came to a stop.

I hope this helps you:
I know a pilot hired in Feb 06 that upgraded on the Lear in Oct 07.

Cheers-rum

That cant be right. if so, then I missed my upgrade. it is right at 2 years right now.

yeah...floating/rolling rest. I dont think it is legal, and I dont know why we (meaning the pilots) put up with it.

Sorry club, Jan 06 new hire. And, with the ridiculous system at Flex it is over 2 year upgrade since the assigned tail number won't show until 1st quarter of 2008.
Cheers-rum

floating/rolling rest. I dont think it is legal, and I dont know why we (meaning the pilots) put up with it.

It sure is illegal. Have a NJ guy explain it. The rule is balck and white. RH pulled the wool over the pilots eyes forever on this.

If it is not legal, why hasn't the FAA stepped in to stop it?

Because you havent killed anyone from it YET. The POI is in FlexJets back pocket. Do a little research on the subject and you will be be surprised. I used to have some links, but deleted them after I left FJ.

the good, bad, and ugly go like this:

Its bad the way they treat you in work rules

Its ugly are the hotel

the good is when you leave.

In regards to the rest rules, they are being broken and the FAA in Washington now knows about it.

LOL, OMG did someone seriously complain about a SLEEP INN!

Not sure what silver spoon you were raised on but a Sleep Inn is not a bad joint...

I am used to Stupid 8 and lower levels....

And why would anybody like a Sheraton or a Marriott? The only places where $15 breakfasts are acceptable.

I am happy with the hotels at Flex...granted I would like them to be all Hilton's....but a I am not going to gripe about a Sleep Inn.

Latest resources

Back