• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GoJet Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
It wont hurt your career one bit, dont listen to the children on here.

Pilots have and will get hired anywhere they want after GJ, people who do the hiring at airlines ( legacies/ majors ) are company people and are looking for good employees..... they dont and wont care.

I dont know anyone there anymore as they are all at Delta ... I am sure they are upset at the direction their doomed careers have taken.

:)

no childishness here, it's a rather ADULT argument.

as a furloughed pilot thanks to outsourcing, DO NOT GO TO A CARRIER THAT WAS SETUP SPECIFICALLY TO OUTSOURCE CHEAP LABOR (FROM CHEAP LABOR TO BEING WITH).

you have no self respect if you do. work somewhere else in any other industry other than encourage the further degradation of our profession.

a child does the easy thing and will goto GoJets and fly as an FO earning the crappy pay.

Simple, a six year old daughter.

I get what you are saying. However, reality in my world is I have been unemployed for 5 months and the bank continues to insist on sending me a monthly bill for my mortgage and my little girl continues to expect ( and deserve) food on the table. I don't have options right now. Short of a picket line or ALPA opinion, I have to consider it.

look outside of flying for the time being to work. you will be home every night versus having 10 days off being based in chicago and earning less than minimum wage.

unemployment has been extended by the obama admin. work landscaping, something other than gojets.

signed,
someone also furloughed for over a year.

Thanks for the intelligent conversation guys. I'm in a time crunch and would appreciate any info.

Here's some intelligent conversation:

If you go to work there, the vast majority of airline pilots will have little respect for you.

If anyone wants to debate this go to one of the dozens of other threads doing so.

You have a recall number, so maybe you're unconcerned with the possibility of it catching up with you later. But if that doesn't pan out, remember that there are a lot of us STILL closely watching what is going on with TSA/GoJet.

I had a Go-Jets guy in my new hire class at Delta. He never told anybody he was from Go-Jets, he told everybody he used to work at ASA. He left ASA to become a street captain at Go-Jets. This guy also had the balls to get the seniority list changed. Got ALPA involved and our class and five others had to be changed.

Do what you think is right but remember Go-Jets was created because TSA would not accept sub-standard pay rates.

It's GoJet not GoJet(s) and I can tell you that this place is a typical Trans Statessss operation. No, you can't work the system to do anything. The company will bend you over and fire you on a whim if you don't tickle the managements colon. The Chief Pilot is bi-polar and I believe has a serious mental problem. Everything about this place sux except for the pilot group. We now have many Midwest, ATA, Champion and Aloha pilots here which is nice because now I generally don't have to "baby sit" 500 hour wonder boys on a trip. We do still have a few A/A guys here waiting for the call back. Now, I am just rambling but mostly it sucks here. Just your typical Hulas operation with a useless union which the company loves because all of our stewards tickle the "company colon" just riiiiiiight. But, it IS a job. My two cents. Flame away children.

I'll be furloughed in two weeks, live in Denver, have a six-year old and a mortgage and I wouldn't even CONSIDER going to that $hit company. You'll get no sympathy here. Unemployment pays better than new hire FO pay at $hit-Jet and I'll be playing every day and night with the family in good old Colorado instead of schlepping to St Louis. Don't sell yourself short, as there must be something outside of flying that you could do to hold you over until recall.

hold you over till recall? American's had furloughs since 2001. Get real.
If you're furloughed from mainline, especially from United, then if I were you I'd care less what others thought of me. Wasn't your fault that age 65 came, the worlds in a recession and LCC's kill everyone with $49 fares. Have thick skin and consider it.

But if youre not, then nope. I'd rather go back to school and try a new career than willingly go to gojet.

I'll be furloughed in two weeks, live in Denver, have a six-year old and a mortgage and I wouldn't even CONSIDER going to that $hit company. You'll get no sympathy here. Unemployment pays better than new hire FO pay at $hit-Jet and I'll be playing every day and night with the family in good old Colorado instead of schlepping to St Louis. Don't sell yourself short, as there must be something outside of flying that you could do to hold you over until recall.

thank you

.....We now have many Midwest, ATA, Champion and Aloha ....

The midwest pilots were told on our ALPA message board how could they complain about the outsourcing of our jobs and go and get hired somewhere else for the same reason. They are hypocrites.

Latest resources

Back