• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GoJet Questions

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
1. Most people have never heard of GoJets....only the 10% of us or so who follow the industry closely have any idea.

2. If you don't work for GoJets....somebody else will...Any one person refusing to apply to GoJets will not change things one way or the other.

3. GoJets is just one of many alter-ego carriers...Some were created by ALPA (Compass and MidAtlantic). Others were indirectly created by mainline scope restrictions and the law of unintended consequences (Freedom, GoJets, and Republic).

4. The only ones who really get their panties in a wad over GoJets are the ALPA cheerleaders because it is yet another example of ALPA's failures.

5. In this economy and this business, any job you can get is a good one....Unless you are waiting for Obama to pay your mortgage....
All good points, especially #5. Former GoJetters have moved on to every corner of the Aviation world. While some refuse to accept this...it's a fact of life. Laid off and have a family? I hate to break it to the nay-sayers on here, but it's a paycheck...and it's probably just as $hitty as the alternatives

Doug... agree 100%

Cheers!

GoJet New Hire minimums have been raised from 500 hours total and 50 hours multi-engine to 1,000 total and 200 multi engine. Captain upgrade times have increased as well. Bottom line, If you're out of work and want to keep flying, and want to stay in the United States, GoJet is about the only domestic option at this time.

GoJet New Hire minimums have been raised from 500 hours total and 50 hours multi-engine to 1,000 total and 200 multi engine. Captain upgrade times have increased as well. Bottom line, If you're out of work and want to keep flying, and want to stay in the United States, GoJet is about the only domestic option at this time.

STILL a horrible choice.

All good points, especially #5. Former GoJetters have moved on to every corner of the Aviation world. While some refuse to accept this...it's a fact of life. Laid off and have a family? I hate to break it to the nay-sayers on here, but it's a paycheck...and it's probably just as $hitty as the alternatives

I hate to break it to you as well but if Gojet is your only choice, you have problems way beyond losing a job. I know many pilots who are laid off and have found gainful employment OUTSIDE of flying until they get recalled. They all considered taking a crappy flying job but realized they could make equal or better money doing something else and be home enjoying their family every night. Really, these "I can't do anything but go to GoJet" folks are either low time wanna-bes still looking for flight time or hopelessly uneducated dolts who just can't cut it outside of the cockpit.

I hate to break it to you as well but if Gojet is your only choice, you have problems way beyond losing a job. I know many pilots who are laid off and have found gainful employment OUTSIDE of flying until they get recalled. They all considered taking a crappy flying job but realized they could make equal or better money doing something else and be home enjoying their family every night. Really, these "I can't do anything but go to GoJet" folks are either low time wanna-bes still looking for flight time or hopelessly uneducated dolts who just can't cut it outside of the cockpit.

So, GoJet rejected ya huh??

I would love to see these "many" pilots you speak of. Keep throwing the sand around. The Regionals are so much like Jr High school the similarities are stunning.

First, I do not work for GoJet, so this has nothing to do with my employment. I think TSA guys need a history lesson before they think that they have the self proclaimed right to look down on GoJet. In the past I used to work for Eagle. TSA had 15 or so airplanes flown as american connection painted almost exactly like eagle planes. These planes where actually owned by AMR as well. So you guys were flying airplanes AMR paid for painted like Eagle. FYI, we looked at TSA just like you guys look at GoJet. It was fine that this went on at TSA, however, when the shoe is on the other foot, now it is magically wrong.

By the same token American guys looked down on us as if we were taking their flying. So in review, American looked down on Eagle, Eagle looked down on TSA, and TSA looks down on GoJet. See the pattern. Most regionals are fairly similar, they all suck.

The lesson? To look down on someone else for their actions, while you are doing the same thing they are is pathetic.

Republic, Chataq. and Shuttle is the same thing. Republic wants them all so that one day they can pit them against each other when contracts come up. Look at the historyof Eagle just prior to 1997, that is exactly what happened.

First, I do not work for GoJet, so this has nothing to do with my employment. I think TSA guys need a history lesson before they think that they have the self proclaimed right to look down on GoJet. In the past I used to work for Eagle. TSA had 15 or so airplanes flown as american connection painted almost exactly like eagle planes. These planes where actually owned by AMR as well. So you guys were flying airplanes AMR paid for painted like Eagle. FYI, we looked at TSA just like you guys look at GoJet. It was fine that this went on at TSA, however, when the shoe is on the other foot, now it is magically wrong.

By the same token American guys looked down on us as if we were taking their flying. So in review, American looked down on Eagle, Eagle looked down on TSA, and TSA looks down on GoJet. See the pattern. Most regionals are fairly similar, they all suck.

The lesson? To look down on someone else for their actions, while you are doing the same thing they are is pathetic.

Republic, Chataq. and Shuttle is the same thing. Republic wants them all so that one day they can pit them against each other when contracts come up. Look at the historyof Eagle just prior to 1997, that is exactly what happened.
Flyingdude. I think that was one of the most intelligent post I've seen in quite a while.

I grow weary of this apples to oranges comparison. These are two completely different scenarios. Eagle was scoped out initially and couldn't have any more planes. At the least second there was some relief but AMR sent the planes to TSA any way. TSA pilots did NOT hire on in an effort to gain seniority to screw the Eagle pilot group.

Go Jet was created to whipsaw the TS pilot group. There was no reason the TSA group could not have a blended list. Republic was doing it with Chaniqua. TSA pilots that went over were given seniority over what they had from date of hire at TSA. It was a senoirty grab at the expense of another pilot group.

I'm all for putting myself first but I am not going to intentionally step on someone elses neck to do so.

All the Go Jet pilots today, whatever. All the d0uchebags that went from TSA during the initial move and all the guy that hired on before the NMB decision, you're turds. Everyone that came after, enjoy working for that goat rimming Hulas.

News Flash Holy Man: Republic is all one list. The major all gave up scope to get something they wantedin their contracts.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back