• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GoJet kicks off positive space pilot for badge backer

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
There is a lot of pressure on most first and second generation immigrants to be successful in the american "land of opportunity." None I know would choose our profession because of the lack of pay, despite the percieved prestige the title of "Captain" has. I can see how a person with those pressures on them could develop a bad attitude in this business.

If this guy ran to GoJets, I think he knows he isn't moving on. He's stuck.

Last edited:
There is a lot of pressure on most first and second generation immigrants to be successful in the american "land of opportunity." None I know would choose our profession because of the lack of pay, despite the percieved prestige the title of "Captain" has. I can see how a person with those pressures on them could develop a bad attitude in this business.

If this guy ran to GoJets, I think he knows he isn't moving on. He's stuck.

For some strange reason, your "FWIW" comment didn't get posted, but made it into the email notification I received.

Anyways, while what you say may be true, there's no excuse for bad, rude, unprofessional behavior (in other words, being an a##hole) no matter what one's circumstances.

From people who run into him, the consensus clearly seems to be that this guy truly is a world-class a-hole.

Just the same, the fact he's from Indian has nothing to do with it, and I'm shocked by the number of equally a-hole pilots who are willing to jump into India-bashing. Maybe they think they're being funny. Who knows.

Bash a guy for going to GoJets. Bash a guy for being an a-hole. But this India-bashing just shows some guys' low IQs.

There are a-hole pilots everywhere of all stripes, and as far as I'm concerned the idiots here who are bashing all things India are showing they're no better than the guy they're bashing, and maybe they're worse.

For some strange reason, your "FWIW" comment didn't get posted, but made it into the email notification I received.

Anyways, while what you say may be true, there's no excuse for bad, rude, unprofessional behavior (in other words, being an a##hole) no matter what one's circumstances.

From people who run into him, the consensus clearly seems to be that this guy truly is a world-class a-hole.

Just the same, the fact he's from Indian has nothing to do with it, and I'm shocked by the number of equally a-hole pilots who are willing to jump into India-bashing. Maybe they think they're being funny. Who knows.

Bash a guy for going to GoJets. Bash a guy for being an a-hole. But this India-bashing just shows some guys' low IQs.

There are a-hole pilots everywhere of all stripes, and as far as I'm concerned the idiots here who are bashing all things India are showing they're no better than the guy they're bashing, and maybe they're worse.

Who pissed in your matar paneer? :nuts:

Just kidding. One of my all-time favorite CAs to fly with is from Sri Lanka...that's pretty much the same thing as India, right?

Norskman:

That's because I edited it. Your point is spot on. If a person holds an anti-Indian bias it is likely that they are going to miss out on being friends with some of the most quick witted, friendly, fun and polite folks around. My Wife is in the medical profession and the my Doc friends from India make the office parties a lot of fun.

Yeah, this guy from GoJets does not sound typical of pilots in general, or any other community for that matter. Sounds like he is out for himself.

IMHO GoJets attracts these sort who want an unfair advantage to get ahead of those who play by the established rules, then gloat. This fellow supports that notion.

Last edited:
Norskman:

That's because I edited it. Your point is spot on. If a person holds an anti-Indian bias it is likely that they are going to miss out on being friends with some of the most quick witted, friendly, fun and polite folks around. My Wife is in the medical profession and the my Doc friends from India make the office parties a lot of fun.

Yeah, this guy from GoJets does not sound typical of pilots in general, or any other community for that matter. Sounds like he is out for himself.

IMHO GoJets attracts these sort who want an unfair advantage to get ahead of those who play by the established rules, then gloat. This fellow supports that notion.

Good point. I had a guy from India in my training class, and a former boss from India and they were two of the finest, most likeable people I've ever met, pilot or non-pilot.

Well I for one am tired of just about every man from India that I meet trying to convince me that the tsunami was caused by the USA detonating a nuclear bomb at the bottom of the ocean.:rolleyes:

Well I for one am tired of just about every man from India that I meet trying to convince me that the tsunami was caused by the USA detonating a nuclear bomb at the bottom of the ocean.:rolleyes:

Well what do you expect after what George Bush did to New Orleans!

I'm not asking you to lie. I'm asking you to stop making stereotypes based on "observations".

Why in quotes? I reported that which I truly observed.

Latest resources

Back