• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gojet getting 50 seaters!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

No I'll tell you what's wrong; whilst some Regionals, through no fault of their own, end up getting caught in the whole whipsaw game, there are others that are not only more inclined to do it but are expressly set up in order to undercut others. Gojets being one of them.

The comical thing about this thread is that the only people who try to justify applying to Gojets are those
who either aren't affected by their operation or those considering going there and are trying to make themselves feel better.

It's a bit like trying to justify working for Mesa or PFT. In the end it comes down to this; Karma's a b!tch and ultimately ends up biting you in the arse.

Kenny, you are absolutely right in your assessment that many regionals get caught in the whipsaw game. That's the name of the game if you choose to fly under the code of certain carriers.

You still didn't even address the difference between Mesaba/Comair situation and GoJet.

The legal decision with respect to single carrier status has been handed down years ago. Before this decision in 2005, I saw that very much as a threat to my job because of scope implications, and I was flying a Boeing thousands of miles away. As a result of creation of Freedom and GoJet, we made changes to our scope to specifically preclude this from happening to us at any level - holding company, airline, virtual airline, alter ego, interest, you name it... we listed it as specifically prohibited.

Now, I'm not at GoJet, and I wouldn't look at any GoJet pilot funny unless they were hired in 2005. There is a distinct difference between those hired pre-ruling and those ATA pilots hired post-shutdown. But then again, I choose to look at this situation objectively and not emotionally.

Once again, why is it that Comair is furloughing pilots and Mesaba is hiring? Why is ASA close to furloughing and Mesaba hiring like gangbusters? Why is Pinnacle about to hire while Comair is furloughing? All of them fly under the Delta brand. Do you not see what kind of Mongolian clusterf**k this is? Yet, GoJet is the source of all evil.

This industry, and ESPECIALLY the regional airline side is all kinds of f**ked up. For pilots to fight one another while the big fat cats are laughing all the way to the bank just plays into their hands. Yet so many regional pilots are simply myopic to the big picture and choose to focus their anger towards one particular airline, yet most are guilty of the same behavior.

I don't understand though. A Trans States Airlines pilot, after all this is what it all boils down to, can't fly for Gojet. So what is the big deal, it's not and was never TSA flying from the beginning. I'm picturing a supermarket strike, those on strike can work for the supermarket anytime even after the strike. It's not exactly the same situation because GJ is not a scab operation, and TSA pilots weren't on strike, but Gojet pilots found jobs that were not in competition with TSA pilots because TSA pilots allowed the separate seniority list and therefore the separate company to happen. It's not as if Rich Leach and Hulas conspired to set up shop and not allow them to fly the CRJ700s. They caused the predicament so why is everyone whining? Sure they might say it was a noble cause to turn down the flying however, there is a difference between noble and stupidity towards one's company and future.Look at where TSA is now. And we have nothing to compare the good deed to since we sill never know what other airlines would have done. I think I have a pretty good idea though just by looking around.... And it's a further tragic because GJ is industry standard now as far as work rules. Those who caused the situation might say they'd proudly do it again and in all honesty it sounds very very dumb, what do you have to show for it? Over 100 pilots on furlough and the fleet down to 31 airplanes? Look at other regional airlines, everyone is undercutting, MESA in the last TA. They showed they were in it for themselves not the industry, now their contract is on par with GOJet! SKY, RAH. TSA pilots tried to do something noble but it was just a simple mistake, it's time to stop whining and focus on how to fix the GJ/TSA relationship. That is not by causing hate. GJ pilots didn't take anyones job, the slots wide open and not for TSA pilots to take, TSA pilots caused that and they need to realize that if they want to actually change anything. Most stop to understand the GJ situation at "they circumvent a CBA", but it's not as simple as that. GJ certificate itself is not the issue, after all, TSA pilots would have flown for the certificate.

Last edited:
I don't understand though. A Trans States Airlines pilot, after all this is what it all boils down to, can't fly for Gojet. So what is the big deal, it's not and was never TSA flying from the beginning. I'm picturing a supermarket strike, those on strike can work for the supermarket anytime even after the strike. It's not exactly the same situation because GJ is not a scab operation, and TSA pilots weren't on strike, but Gojet pilots found jobs that were not in competition with TSA pilots because TSA pilots allowed the separate seniority list and therefore the separate company to happen. It's not as if Rich Leach and Hulas conspired to set up shop and not allow them to fly the CRJ700s. They caused the predicament so why is everyone whining? Sure they might say it was a noble cause to turn down the flying however, there is a difference between noble and stupidity towards one's company and future.Look at where TSA is now. And we have nothing to compare the good deed to since we sill never know what other airlines would have done. I think I have a pretty good idea though just by looking around.... And it's a further tragic because GJ is industry standard now as far as work rules. Those who caused the situation might say they'd proudly do it again and in all honesty it sounds very very dumb, what do you have to show for it? Over 100 pilots on furlough and the fleet down to 31 airplanes? Look at other regional airlines, everyone is undercutting, MESA in the last TA. They showed they were in it for themselves not the industry, now their contract is on par with GOJet! SKY, RAH. TSA pilots tried to do something noble but it was just a simple mistake, it's time to stop whining and focus on how to fix the GJ/TSA relationship. That is not by causing hate. GJ pilots didn't take anyones job, the slots wide open and not for TSA pilots to take, TSA pilots caused that and they need to realize that if they want to actually change anything. Most stop to understand the GJ situation at "they circumvent a CBA", but it's not as simple as that. GJ certificate itself is not the issue, after all, TSA pilots would have flown for the certificate.

You like bold print, don't you?

nwa, how about a meaningful argument. Got anything useful to say to contribute to the debate? I know where you stand, but how about arguing your point... it might help persuade or dissuade people from applying at GoJet or any other carrier for that matter.

Latest resources

Back