Gojet Class Starts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
PCL 128 & Boilerup,

You're both right. There is a definite lack of unity among pilots.

If the major pilots hadn't put there head in the sand about the regional issue back in the early 90's they wouldn't be b&*^hing now. It's there own fault.

As far as the TWA thing goes this is definetly not the place to get deeper into it and besides it's a moot point.

One question for all TSA pilot.

Did management come to the pilots with GoJets first or were you blind sided by it? If they did come to the pilots first, why did it get to the point it is at now?

Not trying to throw spears, just trying to figure out this situation.

BoilerUp,

If you are going to UPT then lighten up on bashing military pilots until you're out of UPT. Once you get your wings you can speak up on that issue. Trust me.

Peace, out

CLAMBAKE

Last edited:
pkober said:
BoilerUp,

If you are going to UPT then lighten up on bashing military pilots until you're out of UPT. Once you get your wings you can speak up on that issue. Trust me.

In the early 90s mainline pilots had the opportunity to secure any turbojet flying to be done under their colors. Being the smallest airplane in the fleet, it would have been the most junior, and some people felt they were above flying such a "small" airplane. They gave that 50 seat flying up to companies like Comair, XJT and Eagle thinking it would never be a threat to them. Now, only after opening the dam and having their careers threatened by regional pilots, they are trying to reverse the flow.

You highly misunderstood me if you think I was bashing military pilots with my statement. You also are mistaken if you think ex-military pilots are automatically deserving, or more deserving than civilian pilots, of a major airline job in a Boeing or an Airbus.

Prove to me any of that is wrong or incorrect, and I'll publically apologize and shut my mouth.

BoilerUp,

First with your attitude enjoy Navigator training. I think it's all done with the Navy now.

Second. I want my apology. When did I say that ex-military pilots are more deserving of major airline jobs.

A simple "I'm sorry" will do.

What unit picked you up anyway?

CLAMBAKE

SkyBoy1981 said:
Even if it involves screwing fellow pilots. Yeah, real classy.

I agree, but self-centered greed seems to be the way of America these days.

pkober said:
BoilerUp,

First with your attitude enjoy Navigator training. I think it's all done with the Navy now.

Thanks for the kind words of encouragement. I think I have a pretty good attitude; I work hard, I'm thankful for the opportunities provided to me, and I don't have any sense of entitlement.

Second. I want my apology. When did I say that ex-military pilots are more deserving of major airline jobs.

A simple "I'm sorry" will do.

You didn't. You somehow made my statement that early 90s mainline MECs didn't want their squadron buddies in a "lowly RJ" into an insult against military aviators. It was HARDLY an insult to anybody, and certainly not my intent, so I don't exactly know how you connected the dots. I *assumed* you took offense to the thought that ex-military pilots might have to fly smaller airplanes when they start their civilian flying career. I said you were mistaken if you thought military pilots were more deserving. If you do, then yes you are mistaken. If you don't, then you don't have anything to worry about. Besides, the information in my first paragraph is what I was referring to when I said if you could prove me wrong, I'll apologize.

What unit picked you up anyway?

A unit that realizes postings on an online message board do extremely little to reflect one's skills, abilities, or professionalism. Also, one that appreciates integrity, honesty, and the ability to see the big picture despite what my own situation and/or opinions might be.

I think we have a gross misunderstanding between us, and there is no need to further hijack this GoJet thread with it. If you have any more questions or comments for me, send them via PM.

PCL_128 said:
The BloJets whores know what they are doing. They aren't newbies that don't know what SCABs, PFT, and alter-ego carriers are. They know that they are stabbing the TSA pilots in the back, and they just don't care. That's a big difference from the newbies at RAA, GIA, Riddle's CAPT program, etc... If you don't see the difference then you really are an idiot.

It's very different.

It's different because I'll forgive a pilots with years of experience and years of paying their dues in this business before I forgive a snot-nosed punk who tried to use his wallet to cut in front of everyone else because he thought he was too good to earn his way up the ladder.

I'll be really pleased if GoJet is not ruled alter-ego, if only to spite wanna-be's pretending to be lifelong career professionals.

LOL look at their mins for f/o's ...

Minimums:
First Officer
1500 hours Fixed-wing
500 hours Multi-engine
Turbine experience preferred

Goodluck gojets with all regionals hiring right now with about 1000/200..

FD

Their mins for FOs are the same as at Trans States. What's also interesting is that their mins for street capt are the same as the upgrade requirement at Trans States. Coincidence? Must be; after all, it is a different company.

I will admit, I have not read this entire thread. So I apologize if this has been covered:

All the cut and pastes about GoJets contract are just guesses, or just copies of what the company has asked its pilots for. As of now, GoJets does not have any sort of contract. It's still being negotiated.

What if, when the thing finally does come out, it's equal to or possibly better than TSA's? What are people going to say then?

Just curious.

PS. Im curious what ever happened to Freedom in the end?

Latest resources

Back