Gojet Class Starts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
100LL... Again! said:
Second, since you have apologized for your contribution to the race to the bottom, then the Gojet guys should get the same forgiveness, Mr. Compassion.

The BloJets whores know what they are doing. They aren't newbies that don't know what SCABs, PFT, and alter-ego carriers are. They know that they are stabbing the TSA pilots in the back, and they just don't care. That's a big difference from the newbies at RAA, GIA, Riddle's CAPT program, etc... If you don't see the difference then you really are an idiot.

pkober said:
J32driver,

You can always get your reputation back with ALPA. All you have to do is pay a penalty fee and you are taken off of a "scab" list. ALPA's only principle is $$$$$$$.

wrong! you are NEVER removed from the list. some scabs did penance and were forgiven by ALPA (but not forgotten) and re-admitted.

pkober said:
The only people who are scabs are those who cross a picket line. BTW did the TSA pilots, and all other ALPA pilots, go to work when there fellow union brethren at ComAir and NWA went on strike? I seem to remember that they did. That was quiet a strong showing of union solidarity. Would that make them scabs?

you answered your own question.the only people who are scabs are those who cross a picket line. other ALPA groups that flew during that time flew their own routes, not those of the striking carrier. we also paid our strike assement to help those on the picket line, gave jumpseats so they could get around and even walked the line with those on strike. i will let comair pilots speak on that but i feel there was quite a strong showing of union solidarity.

pkober said:
Also, I bet that when TSA started back in the 80's that they didn't have a union. If that is the case make sure that when you see an 80's hire at work that you refer to him as a "scab".

not hardly, you really need to educate yourself before you go off on your rants. TSA was started as a turbo prop operation carying folks from STL to the lodge of the four seasons (LOF) at the lake of the ozarks. no one flew this route and the airline wasnt created to get around anothers scope clause.

pkober said:
In the end I bet the GoJet will be union and integrated into TSA.

CLAMBAKE

thats the whole point. all flying under the TSA umbrella being flown by pilots on the TSA ALPA seniority list.

jehtplane said:
So by that logic every pilot hired at a regional airline 7 years ago is a whore. Wow your lack of experience is showing

Not true. I was hired at TSA in 1996 and they did not have any PFT and paid a 60 hour guarantee during training (70 hours on line, old contract).

This is not to defend how the management has treated the pilot group otherwise and Gojet trying to go around a very loyal and hardworking pilot group is criminal, just to save a few bucks.

Reebo,

Relax.

1st. Okay ALPA doesn't remove you from the list but they "forgive" you. Doesn't that bother you that a union will call you a "scab" one minute and then forgive you the next if you write them a check? It should, because I thought unions were about principle, not money. Trust me one day you too will see what ALPA is all about. I personally hope it doesn't happen to you, but it probably will.

2nd. I never said that the other ALPA pilots that flew during the ComAir and NWA strikes were scabs. They weren't. It was merely an example of the lack of union brotherhood that ALPA displays. Look at what the automotive worker unions do when there is a strike.

3rd. My TSA example was an attempt to show that if you call the GoJet guys "scabs" then I guess every major pilot could call every regional pilot a scab because they feel they are being stabbed in the back. I don't think that regional pilots are scabs before you go off on your "rant". BTW I was working at TSA in the 80's and they were flying in TWE colors.

Thanks

CLAMBAKE

pkober said:
1st. Okay ALPA doesn't remove you from the list but they "forgive" you. Doesn't that bother you that a union will call you a "scab" one minute and then forgive you the next if you write them a check? It should, because I thought unions were about principle, not money. Trust me one day you too will see what ALPA is all about. I personally hope it doesn't happen to you, but it probably will.

So you would have ALPA turn their back on the majority of the pilots at CAL that didn't SCAB just because a minority of them did? You should talk to someone that was on the ALPA BOD at the time and ask them what the reason was that they let CAL back into the fold. Were there a few people on the BOD seeing dollar signs at the thought of a few thousand more dues paying members? Sure. Overall however, most of the BOD members were more concerned with bringing the CAL ALPA pilots back that didn't SCAB. Yes, that means that the SCABs would also have an opportunity to join ALPA, but that's just what we have to deal with in order to bring the good CAL pilots back into ALPA.

2nd. I never said that the other ALPA pilots that flew during the ComAir and NWA strikes were scabs. They weren't. It was merely an example of the lack of union brotherhood that ALPA displays. Look at what the automotive worker unions do when there is a strike.

The UAW isn't bound by the restrictions of the Railway Labor Act. We don't have the latitude that other unions do. Look at what the APA had to pay in fines for their illegal sickout. I certainly don't want ALPA to have to pay out millions and millions of dollars in fines for illegal work actions that really aren't going to help the situation. Comparing the UAW to ALPA just doesn't work.

3rd. My TSA example was an attempt to show that if you call the GoJet guys "scabs" then I guess every major pilot could call every regional pilot a scab because they feel they are being stabbed in the back. I don't think that regional pilots are scabs before you go off on your "rant". BTW I was working at TSA in the 80's and they were flying in TWE colors.

The pilots at the majors knowingly negotiated away certain sections of their scope clause allowing regional pilots to fly certain airplanes and routes. Regional pilots didn't stab any major pilots in the back. We simply fly the flying that the major pilots negotiated away. The TSA pilots on the other hand didn't negotiate away anything. The management at TSA is trying to illegally create an alter ego carrier to get around ALPA. There is no comparison whatsoever.

PCL_128 said:
We simply fly the flying that the major pilots negotiated away.

So PCL-128....
1. Let's get this right. Basically as long as you are flying it, it is ok.

PCL_128 said:
The TSA pilots on the other hand didn't negotiate away anything. The management at TSA is trying to illegally create an alter ego carrier to get around ALPA. There is no comparison whatsoever.

2. "TSA pilots didn't give anything away"... Your right their Negotating Comitee was way to stupid to properly word their contract to include the holding company in the definition on "the compnay." Again ALPA's to blame. Their policy of "Pilots negotiate for Pilots", when the company has professionals, is ludacris.

JackFlyer said:
2. "TSA pilots didn't give anything away"... Your right their Negotating Comitee was way to stupid to properly word their contract to include the holding company in the definition on "the compnay." Again ALPA's to blame. Their policy of "Pilots negotiate for Pilots", when the company has professionals, is ludacris.

I believe there was no holding company in place at the time that the last TSA contract was signed.

Secondly, ALPA provides quite a bit in the way of negotiations assistance during negotiations. In other words, it isn't just "pilots negotiating for pilots." Professional negotiators, financial analysts, legal assistance, retirement and insurance assistance, etc. In the last year of bargaining our contract at ExpressJet, we had the Director of Representation, Assistant Director of Representation, as well as a Contract Administrator working with us. Yes, three attorneys from National advised us for the last 12 months and it was two prior to that point.

-Neal

Latest resources

Back