Gojet Class Starts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
limodriver1 said:
Isn't definition of Scab different than happends in GOjet , freedom etc. situation

Why don't loosening up!

Yeah, I said it!

I em we todd did!!!

Traderd said:
Thanks, but if the newhires at GoJet are going to be banned from all other airline flying, won't that translate into stagnation in terms of upgrades from FO to Captain? I assume you mean upgrade to a 70 seat even if they remain an FO.
I would imagine that their mindset is that since this is a new carrier, they will be the first ones on the seniority list and if things prosper it will mean quick seniority and upgrades for them. From my understanding nothing is banning GoJet from flying for all other airlines, just the ones that have restrictive scope for 70 seat aircraft.

pianoman said:
ALPA just held a rally for the TSA pilots to try and stop this.

Doesn't it strike you folks as a little bit strange that ALPA, whose actions are responsible for the likes of Freedom, Republic and GoJet is suddenly trying to stop it?

All three of those alter ego airlines came into existence as a direct result of scope clauses created by ALPA and copied by the APA.

ALPA rushing to your defense is a classic case of the Fox minding the hen house.

I thought the first day of class went well. We had a big welcome and got company pens and stationary. The balloons were a bit over the top but all in all it was so far so good as they say in the industry.

Im sure all the hard feelings will blow over in a month or two, and then we can all be friends and jumpseat together and all laugh at how this career sure has changed since the first Airport movie with Drinkin Dean.

oh break is over, time for the green on green speech.

CEO silly sap said:
Im sure all the hard feelings will blow over in a month or two, and then we can all be friends and jumpseat together and all laugh

Fat chance. Anybody got a list together of these scumbags yet?

PCL_128 said:
Fat chance. Anybody got a list together of these scumbags yet?

I agree. Things like this do not just blow over. We in the industry don't forget!!

SkyBoy1981 said:
I would imagine that their mindset is that since this is a new carrier, they will be the first ones on the seniority list and if things prosper it will mean quick seniority and upgrades for them. From my understanding nothing is banning GoJet from flying for all other airlines, just the ones that have restrictive scope for 70 seat aircraft.

By "banned" I only mean in terms of notional, not contractual. Just look at the references to "scabs" and "scumbags" and I will assume unless the threat is empty, these guys would have a very difficult time finding employment within the industry after working at GoJets. Now if the threat is empty, well then maybe the upgrades will come quickly enough.

CEO silly sap said:
Im sure all the hard feelings will blow over in a month or two, and then we can all be friends and jumpseat together and all laugh at how this career sure has changed since the first Airport movie with Drinkin Dean.

NEVER, We will laugh at you guys in a few months when you're stapled to the BOTTOM of the Trans States seniority list.

Don't laugh too hard. IBT attorneys have already said that there is no chance of GoJet being determined an alter-ego. The only way it will happen is if ALPA gives away the farm.

Traderd said:
By "banned" I only mean in terms of notional, not contractual. Just look at the references to "scabs" and "scumbags" and I will assume unless the threat is empty, these guys would have a very difficult time finding employment within the industry after working at GoJets. Now if the threat is empty, well then maybe the upgrades will come quickly enough.

I wish this were true. Unfortunately a lot of the Freedumb idiots have moved on to find other employment, some at jetBlue from what I've understood. Management does the hiring for the most part, and I'm sure they wouldn't mind hiring someone who went against the union and pilot group. Hell, it would probably work in their favor. :mad:

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back