• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Going on strike = magazine kudos

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Unfortunately having a strike is often a balance between getting better pay and conditions and risking putting the company out of business. If I'm not mistaken, Spirit Air wasn't the healthiest airline in the country before the strike, they'd recenly posted profits, but cash was not abundant and they still had pilots on furlough. Plus they have a new, expensive jet fleet that must be paid for. Just because the pilots aren't flying doesn't mean the bills don't have to be paid.
Prolonging the strike for a couple more weeks could risk putting the company into a very bad financial condition.
I agree they should have gotten more immediate pay raises, but at least you know as you advance in your career you will be industry standard or above. There are a lot of airlines still fighting for that.

Last edited:
Unfortunately having a strike is often a balance between getting better pay and conditions and risking putting the company out of business. If I'm not mistaken, Spirit Air wasn't the healthiest airline in the country before the strike, they'd recenly posted profits, but cash was not abundant and they still had pilots on furlough. Plus they have a new, expensive jet fleet that must be paid for. Just because the pilots aren't flying doesn't mean the bills don't have to be paid.
Prolonging the strike for a couple more weeks could risk putting the company into a very bad financial condition.
I agree they should have gotten more immediate pay raises, but at least you know as you advance in your career you will be industry standard or above. There are a lot of airlines still fighting for that.

Using this logic, under these conditions, why would you even bother going on strike? Seriously, the companies (and the nations) financial situation were well known before the strike. Nothing changed. If union thought striking was a viable plan before the strike, what changed their minds?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back