• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Going green.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
And CRJs are more comfortable then turboprops even if the cabin dimensions are exactly the same. It's because you have to spend a lot less time in the cabin of a CRJ then of a turboprop. Unless, of course, we're talking about really short hops in which case it doesn't make much of a difference. But even then, the average passenger would still rather not see props out there and the louder ride that goes with them.

A lot less time?

On short legs that's not true. It's minutes saved. The problem is saabs NEVER went ORD to SAV. CRJs do it and longer legs too. So the argument of RJs taking less time to be uncomfortable doesn't hold water. They just made the city pairs farther apart.

The only reason the word "regional" is in CRJ and ERJ is so mainline management could sell the loss of scope to those pilot groups. The city pairs are NOT regional and pax spend way too long sitting in uncomfortable aircraft.

30 minutes in a turbo prop, okay... 2.5 hours in a CRJ...not happy. Again, mostly nobody cares what pushes the air. People just hate to be cramped. I'm happy for CRJs. I've got over 3,500 hours in them with 1K+ PIC. They still suck. People hate them and theres a reason why. Too far for too long while too cramped. I'll take the 40 minute Saab or Dash-8 ride any day.

A lot less time?

On short legs that's not true. It's minutes saved. The problem is saabs NEVER went ORD to SAV. CRJs do it and longer legs too. So the argument of RJs taking less time to be uncomfortable doesn't hold water. They just made the city pairs farther apart.

The only reason the word "regional" is in CRJ and ERJ is so mainline management could sell the loss of scope to those pilot groups. The city pairs are NOT regional and pax spend way too long sitting in uncomfortable aircraft.

30 minutes in a turbo prop, okay... 2.5 hours in a CRJ...not happy. Again, mostly nobody cares what pushes the air. People just hate to be cramped. I'm happy for CRJs. I've got over 3,500 hours in them with 1K+ PIC. They still suck. People hate them and theres a reason why. Too far for too long while too cramped. I'll take the 40 minute Saab or Dash-8 ride any day.

Did you even read what you quoted? Let me highlight what you seemed to miss.

Unless, of course, we're talking about really short hops in which case it doesn't make much of a difference.

I can't tell you how many times I've been asked by a passenger before a flight that was recently swapped from turboprop to jet how surprised they were by the time saved between the two. And actually, the mostly ignorant, flying general public does seem to care about what pushes them around. For seem reason they really dont care for turboprops. As somebody else pointed out. Delta even knows this and is taking action to correct it. And another thing, mainline doesn't have to sell the loss of scope to there pilots... the pilots sold the scope off themselves! What planet are you from, anyway? You're gonna compare a 2.5 hour CRJ flight to the comfort of a 30 min Sob flight? You take any Sob flight and swap it with an RJ and it'll be more comfortable. That's a fact.

Latest resources

Back