Going green.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

bri5150

Why don't airlines market turboprops as "going green"? Instead, they cut them because pax don't like them. Just sayin'. Maybe the fuel savings is worth it?

I've been saying that for a long time. I can see the commercial 70 pax in front of a Q-400 with a sign on how long it took from point A to B. 50 pax in front of a CRJ200 with their time en route, on the same flight segment. Then the camera zooms out to show the gallons of fuel used on the flights.

Why don't airlines market turboprops as "going green"? Instead, they cut them because pax don't like them. Just sayin'. Maybe the fuel savings is worth it?

because few people really care about going green unless it is able to positively effect their pocketbooks while keeping equal or better quality of life.

because few people really care about going green unless it is able to positively effect their pocketbooks while keeping equal or better quality of life.

I disagree. I am pretty sure hybrids cost their owners more money in the long run. Maybe I am wrong.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back