Going green.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Georgia Skies markets their Caravan as an "ECO JET"

Hate to bust your bubble. Pax don't hate turbo props. Ask 99% of them what a turbo prop is they won't know. Ask 99.5% the differance between a turbo prop and a jet they still won't know. Seriously, the man on the street doesn't care what's pushing the plane...thrust or torque. (I bet a few reading this didn't know that's the difference).

What pax hate is small planes. Pure and simple. They dislike being uncomfortable. Imagine that.

I flew a CRJ and I didn't get it at the time. My attitude was, "hey, would you rather be on a turbo prop" thinking some pax poor attitude was un-founded.

Now I ride on CRJs and ERJs as a paying pax and I get their point. They suck. Very uncomfortable. The erj-190 is nice, but that is KILLING upward movement my sucking flying from mainline so I dislike it on principle.

Last edited:
You are delusional if you think people like a Q400 over a CRJ200. The cabin width is the same, seat pitch same, and the Q400 still shakes back and forth and makes twice the noise. Nobody likes to look out and see propellers, fact or not, people consider it antiquated and unsafe and therefore don't like it.

And CRJs are more comfortable then turboprops even if the cabin dimensions are exactly the same. It's because you have to spend a lot less time in the cabin of a CRJ then of a turboprop. Unless, of course, we're talking about really short hops in which case it doesn't make much of a difference. But even then, the average passenger would still rather not see props out there and the louder ride that goes with them.

And CRJs are more comfortable then turboprops even if the cabin dimensions are exactly the same. It's because you have to spend a lot less time in the cabin of a CRJ then of a turboprop. Unless, of course, we're talking about really short hops in which case it doesn't make much of a difference. But even then, the average passenger would still rather not see props out there and the louder ride that goes with them.
I would disagree. I would rather ride 50 minutes on a Saab than 50 minutes in a 200.

Latest resources

Back