Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

go! New Mesa Hawaii airline gets a name!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
sniper said:
How is your Mainline seniority coming along?

Still no brains for you.

all these ASSumptions. boy, you really do like to make yourself look like an idiot.

do you work for mesa or something? you seem to be so sensitive to their issues that you make these huge assumptions to try to make an attack. about 99% of all your posts are on mesa threads or talking about mesa.

little man with little brains... aww..

sniper said:
Oh sorry, a Usair Express Dash driver, what is the difference.

Now back to the topic little guy.......It is Mesa's fault isn't?
WO's with no brains.

Hey "mainline" pilot (LOL), use your head for a minute (that's the lump about 3 feet above your a$$). This thread is about Mesa entering the Hawaii market. The people discussing this situation are a) either from Mesa or b) live in Hawaii. There is a dash 8 operator in Hawaii ya know. Scareways isn't the only dash operator in the world. BTW Dash8driver is "mainline" too jacka$$.

Last edited:
Soverytired said:
With JO at the helm, this company has been turning a profit for years and years. He's got the Midas touch, and dosen't take loser bets. The board of directors supports him because he knows how to make $$$.

As to the the "deep concern" for the Mesa crews going to live on the island . . . there's a reason all levels of senority are represented: nearly every crewmember that I've spoken to going to Hawaii already have friends and family who live there, or they've lived there before and know what to expect. They're going to do just fine.

As to the amount of money that this will cost . . . I've heard that he's been said to opine that this operation could lose money for FIVE YEARS before Mesa has to seriously consider pulling out. Mesa's warchest is big and GROWING (re: we're profitable), and this is just a teeny, tiny part of our overall operation. This will be even more true when we get awarded even more $$$ with the COEX flying.

As a Mesa pilot, I'm cheering for this to succeed, because I like to see our company expand (and get 737's someday . . . I think we're the next RyanAir circa 5-10 years from now . . .another story) And the more Mesa bashing I see, the more convinced I am that Aloha and Hawaiian know that this is going for their jugular. "Boo-hoo, why can't we just have a monopoly to rape our Hawaiian passengers?" Sorry, I just don't buy it.

Do you like Mesa so much that you want to stay there for your entire career? According to this post it certainly sounds like it.

mdanno808 said:
Do you like Mesa so much that you want to stay there for your entire career? According to this post it certainly sounds like it.

There are worse jobs out there (I've had them) . . . .

that pay less (80k per year aint peanuts, no matter what anyone says). . . .

with worse work rules (re: no contract, fire at will) . . . .

Things will get better someday. It's alot easier to negotiate from a position of strength (re: profitable, flying for lots of carriers) than from weakness (Comair? Delta? Mesaba?).

No, Mesa is not my #1 choice. But it ain't all bad, and I'm not going to be miserable my whole time here, whether that is 1 more year or 20. Life is what you make it. If I hated it as much as some of the folks here seem to, I'd quit today.

go! Job Fair draws 1000 applicants (really?)

go! Job Fair a Major Success
2006-04-05 17:17 (New York)

PHOENIX, April 5 /PRNewswire-FirstCall/ -- go!, the inter-island Hawaiian
division of Mesa Air Group (Nasdaq: MESA) which will launch service in early
June, announced today that nearly 1,000 applicants attended the Job Fair the company held at the Ala Moana Hotel in Honolulu this past weekend. The
company was interviewing for the positions of pilot, flight attendant,
maintenance, marketing and ground operations.

"The response was overwhelming," said go! COO Greg Stephens. "We were
impressed by the caliber and enthusiasm of the applicants. The operation will
require approximately 400 employees and we are delighted to be able to offer
positions to local residents. Interested persons can still apply through our
www.iflygo.com website."
"The excitement about go! evidenced at the job fair is a testament to the
reception we are receiving in the Islands. This is an important endeavor for
Mesa and we look forward to our first day of service in early June," remarked
Jonathan Ornstein, Mesa Air Group Chairman and CEO.
go! will launch service on June 9, 2006 with service from Honolulu to
Kailua-Kona, Lihue and Kahului with 32 flights per day. The number of flights
per day will increase to 62 as service is added to Hilo from Honolulu on June
30th. go! is entering Hawaii with one-way fares as low as $39*. Passengers
who register for go! Miles frequent flyer program are able to earn go! Miles
redeemable for future travel and can earn 500 miles for registering online.
Additional information is available and tickets can be booked on-line at
www.iflygo.com or by calling toll free 1-888-IFLYGO2.

For those old enough to remember ..... I Job!

Soverytired said:
There are worse jobs out there (I've had them) . . . .

that pay less (80k per year aint peanuts, no matter what anyone says). . . .

with worse work rules (re: no contract, fire at will) . . . .

Things will get better someday. It's alot easier to negotiate from a position of strength (re: profitable, flying for lots of carriers) than from weakness (Comair? Delta? Mesaba?).

No, Mesa is not my #1 choice. But it ain't all bad, and I'm not going to be miserable my whole time here, whether that is 1 more year or 20. Life is what you make it. If I hated it as much as some of the folks here seem to, I'd quit today.

I work for a pretty $hitty carrier now, but like you have worked for places a lot worse. Just because there are worse places out there doesn't mean that my job is a good one. I would also never defend the scumbags who run my airline, because I know, and fully admit that they are indeed scumbags. I don't hate Mesa, and I especially don't hate their pilot's. What does amaze me however, is the ammount of people who defend the company and it's management, while turning a blind eye to the fact that they are short changing you guys, who are the ones who make them their money.

sniper said:
Oh sorry, a Usair Express Dash driver, what is the difference.

Now back to the topic little guy.......It is Mesa's fault isn't?
WO's with no brains.
How did you ever figure this out? Was it the title of the thread that refered to USAir? Was it all the banter in the thread about Mesa coming to PHL? Maybe I missed a page somewhere in here but I do love the fact that you think D8D is at Piedmont or wherever. Thanks for doing your research. Please post more below.
RJP:beer:

av8tortype said:
For those old enough to remember ..... I Job!
Please make it stop.

Mesa's gate switch puzzles state and airlines

State official does not know why airline was ordered to change

By Richard Borreca
[email protected]

A state decision to reshuffle the airport gates assigned to Aloha Airlines and its new interisland competitor has both airlines up in arms -- and officials say they do not know why it happened.
Both Mesa and Aloha airlines are protesting a state Department of Transportation decision to move Mesa's new interisland carrier, named go!, from the Honolulu Airport's commuter terminal to the neighbor island terminal.
Mesa had been scheduled to start flying on June 9 out of Honolulu Airport's commuter airline terminal, but on March 2, Mesa was told to move to a portion of the space in the neighbor island terminal used by Aloha Airlines.
State Transportation Director Rod Haraga said he does not know why the switch was made, but is investigating.
"I think we made a bad decision," Haraga said. "Mesa Airlines originally thought they were to go the commuter terminal, and then somebody misunderstood or something happened there.
"As it ended up, Mesa is upset, Aloha is upset."
Greg Stephens, Mesa's Hawaii CEO, said he is working with the state to settle the problem but also does not know why the airline was moved.
"I have no idea what is driving it or what took place. It is rather confusing. We were given one direction and were working towards that end, and the plan changed," Stephens said.
"We were not given any indication why it changed, what the thought process was, what the reasons were.
"I will be very honest with you, I have no idea what happened or changed. It is very confusing to us."
Stephens said the state told him the switch in terminals would not change the airline's June 9 start date.
Aloha Airlines did not return calls asking for comment, but last week, Lee Steele, Aloha Airlines' senior vice president for operation, wrote a critical letter to Brian Sekiguchi, state deputy director for airports. Steele said the Aloha terminal is already crowded and that there is not enough space to add a luggage sorting area and passenger inspection area for another airline.
There was also concern that the smaller Mesa planes would have to load passengers from the ground instead of a jetway, and that would be a dangerous mix at the neighbor island terminal.
"To place a 50-seater airliner with passenger ground-loading requirements in the middle of jet operations would be ignoring the safety of the passengers and the airline ramp workers," Steele said.
Sen. Lorraine Inouye, chairwoman of the state Senate Transportation Committee, also has written to Haraga, protesting the change.
The new airline originally was put in the commuter terminal, across from the main post office, Inouye said, because there was more space and the state would not have to do as much costly renovation to the airport.
"For a new interisland airline entrant such as Mesa, these actions and the unpredictable changes do not represent good business practices by your department, and we strongly urge Mesa be permitted to use the commuter terminal," Inouye wrote to Haraga.
Haraga said he was told that Gov. Linda Lingle's tourism liaison, Marsha Wienert, also was investigating the switch. But yesterday, Wienert said she also did not have any more information.
"I know there are discussions about it, but that is all I know. It is being discussed," Wienert said.
Mesa's entry into the interisland market with fares as low as $39 has prompted Aloha and Hawaiian to lower their fares as well.
Stephens said that one of the benefits of operating out of the commuter terminal was lower charges by the state. Inouye said that the "use charges per departure at the commuter terminal were $25, while the charges at the neighbor island terminal would be $92."
Stephens said the state is promising to help "work with us on cost issues." "They have been very encouraging," he said.

Latest resources

Back