• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Go gone and replaced by Mokulele?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Somehow I don't see YV exiting the Hawaiin market...

Got this from a normally very reliable source.
Apparently Mokulele (GO Express Cessna Caravan's) is the airline that is wet leasing the Republic E-170's untill they can train replacement pilots.
The intent is for them to do the flying Go has been doing inter-island and Go can leave. The perception is that it is a way for Go to pull out and supposedly save face.
Boy, JO has really opened a bag of worms and it keeps getting better and better! Go has been losing millions, this operation will lose even more.

I heard something like that too recently.
Seriously have my doubts though. If Mesa's pockets couldn't swing it, how could Mokulele?

All true. But Mokulele leasing a couple jets and Mesa pulling out may be how JO wants to exit Hawaii. Is it a good business plan? No, but the entire Go operation has been a very poorly conceived and executed deal from the beginning and this fits right in with how JO does business.

Putting Hawaii airlines out of business is JO's business in Hawaii with Go! blow Airlines.

The bottom line is Go is losing a LOT of money and Mesa cannot carry it indefinetly. Even if they go Chapter 11 Go would not survive a reoganization.

No bankruptsy Judge is going to let JO throw away other people's money. The name is correct. "Go airlines!!!" is gone..

Got this from a normally very reliable source.
Apparently Mokulele (GO Express Cessna Caravan's) is the airline that is wet leasing the Republic E-170's untill they can train replacement pilots.
The intent is for them to do the flying Go has been doing inter-island and Go can leave. The perception is that it is a way for Go to pull out and supposedly save face.
Boy, JO has really opened a bag of worms and it keeps getting better and better! Go has been losing millions, this operation will lose even more.

Republic is not leasing those planes to anyone, we have a vacancy bid out for our crews to fly these planes with a HNL base.

"Shuttle America has a potential opportunity for a new code share agreement with additional flying beginning on or before November 15, 2008. This bid is in anticipation of a possible code share agreement in Hawaii that will be announced within 10 days should it come together. It is necessary to complete the bidding time line prior to the posting of the November 2008 PBS bids and in anticipation of this opportunity being finalized. This crew base would open no later than November 15, 2008 in HNL (Honolulu, HI). Initially the trips are anticipated to be single day trips.

HNL EMB 170 Shuttle America

The company is posting 11 Captain and 11 First Officer EMB 170 positions. Bids will be accepted until 1700 hours on the closing date. If interested, please update your vacancy bid in Flica. To correctly bid and to be considered for this position, please bid for HNL 170 CA or FO in Flica under Vacancy."

According to Mesa brass, they have no intention to close the go! operation and that this Mokulele flying is simply additional competition.

Hawaiian has a code share with UAL, and is augmenting their schedule with the additional 4 aircraft so there is about to be an over supply of inter-island seats. This additional flying puts pressure on all the inter-island carriers. Tourism is forecast to be down through next year so it looks like another possible fare war.

HA wants the interisland 767 back for overseas routes. Not that many new interisland seats being added just switched. The old airfare war has never stopped. Mesa will have to close go! or charge more when they hit chap. 11 Pressure on interisland airlines is the norm!!! A way of life for them.

Republic is not leasing those planes to anyone, we have a vacancy bid out for our crews to fly these planes with a HNL base.

Technically, everything Republic does is a wet lease. Same with every other fee for departure carrier that doesn't operate a branded service.

As I understand it, Hawaiian is 'collar'ing their schedule with the 4 additional aircraft. Dunkerly hinted at this during his interview this last week. The super early and late flights are being pulled and flights at 'prime time' are being added. My understanding is that they are still going to net additional flights to pick up the demand from Aloha's closure.

The State (DOT) is approaching everyone and their dog about adding flights to the islands. I know they had meetings with the Virgin group for one. There is a belief that we have not tapped markets to the islands. I think it's fair to say the current carriers disagree - otherwise, they wouldn't have pulled down flying.

Latest resources

Back