GO Cleared for take-off!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Coexclown said:
homer i hope your not defending these guys/gals.

No they aren't scabs, but they are just as bad...backstabbers trying to advance over the backs of others.

All in all, its like someone getting hired next to you dispatching making a dollar an hour less than you, and you getting phased out b/c you're "too expensive"...and you either lower your rate, or take a hike....

I was "phased out" because Southwest didnt want anything to do with a feeder service. Not to mention ATA upper management couldn't figure out how to tie their shoes, so we were shut down.

DX Rick said:
I was "phased out" because Southwest didnt want anything to do with a feeder service. Not to mention ATA upper management couldn't figure out how to tie their shoes, so we were shut down.

So you are a former Chicago Express driver that now works for GO Jet I take it?

RP170 said:
So you are a former Chicago Express driver that now works for GJ I take it?
No, I'm a former Chicago Express Dispatcher working for myself now.

I just got hired as a DEC off the street. What a great company to work for!

starting class tomorrow.

BY NO MEANS WAS I DEFENDING THEM.......Just looking for an explanation!

doug_or said:
I assumed the "!!!111!!!one11!!!" meant he was joking.....
You would be correct, sir. Thanks for noticing.

I just figured that since we all knew this would into just another thread where people improperly throw around the "scab" term, I'd have a little fun with it.

OK, I haven't really been following this Go-Jet thing but I thought this seperate entity of Trans-States was only so they could operate an aircraft with over 50 seats for United. Americans scope prevents Trans-States from operating the larger jets. So whats with all the scab talk and lists and the like? Its not like Go-Jets is being formed to force Trans-States pilots to accept a sub-standard contract like Freedom was. I didn't think Trans-States was in contract negotiations, are they?

pipejockey, you are right, one reason for the formation of Go Jets is to get around the scope American has. But there are other reasons. This conveniently allows the company to bypass contract requirements of the Trans States pilots regarding at least industry average pay for a new aircraft type, and it may or may not violate our scope. (For all of you arm chair lawyers out there we'll leave it for the arbitrator to decide.) This is also exactly like Freedom. Though we are not in contract negotiations now (we will be this winter) Go Jet still puts considerable downward pressure on the TSA pilot group when negotiations begin.

TSA contract negotiations begin a year from now. By that time Go-jets will be fully operational, and I'm sure management would love to start those negotiations by saying something along the lines of "give us what we want or all your flying will be transferred to Go-jet." That's why we're so upset over the whole GJ issue. It may not hurt us next month when (if) they start flying, but it will a year from now. Anyone who says it won't isn't thinking long-term enough.

And honestly, if GJ isn't being formed to get around the TSA contract, and is for the sole purpose of being able to fly 70 seaters, then why won't they use TSA pilots? If they want to grow the company, that's fine, but work with the pilot group that got you this far, not against it.

Flyingdutchman said:
I just got hired as a DEC off the street. What a great company to work for!

starting class tomorrow.

I am sorry Mr Wooden Top but I really don't think that is something to be proud of.

Latest resources

Back