Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
TSA ERJ said:
Kong
1. Our interpretations of the wording are pointless. It will come down to who has the best lawyer.

Scary, but probably true. Last I heard there was still some attempt at "negotiation" going on between management and ALPA. Does anyone know if the TSA MEC has gone ahead with the grievance?

redbook said:
Life at the bottom at tsa surrounded by 700 pilots who know what a piece of garbage you are will not be fun.

Since Trans States, TSA Holdings, and HoJet share the same building, same people, and probably the same paper clips and post-it notes, I can only guess that the management is going to shave more costs by having the TSA and Ho Jet pilots share the crew lounge. (Including the same dispatch release dot matrix printers whose ribbons are so worn out as to be see-through.) Won't THAT be a comfortbale arrangement! It would almost have been worth staying at Trans States for.

KingKong2 said:
Do you know how much a GJ pilot makes? I have yet to see their pay rates yet?

So far, the only published rates have been those offered in a letter from TSA management to TSA pilots back in the spring. (April or early May, I can't recall exact date. I used my letter as toilet paper.) That offer (an extremely weak offer of low 50 seat rate plus $1.50 per hour, block only, 9 days off per month, and various other reductions of the TSA CBA) was posted in numerous places, including here. For those of you with a morbid curiousity of just how bad it was, do the search.

Is there a more recent binding/official comp plan you would be able to share with us?

fuelflow said:
How the hell is anyone at GJ taking food of the table of a TSA pilot? We could say the same thing of TSA pilots taking flying from higher paid American Eagle, ACA, or the various wholly owned USAirways companies. The mainline pilots at GJ have had their throats cut by the regionals for the last several years. And remember - you are only cutting their throat if you are lowballing their price, which I don't think any pilot at GJ will do. I'm glad you are so wise mister 3000 hour first officer - most GJ pilots were flying bigger iron for bigger money while you were sqeezing your first pimples.

Like I said - get informed.

You and KONG say nonsense nonstop...so I will keep repeating it for you...tsa pilots have been here for years, growing this airline and you are attempting to jump ahead of these people who have worked hard for years and whose families have beared the burden of their sacrifices. The millions of dollars to start g0jet has not been earned by g0jet pilots.Every pilot at tsa and here is INFORMED. We have the list with your names on it, your justifications and digging in your heels only further guarantees that you are well aware of the actions you taken. Thus, a staple, and a lifetime of payback are yours.

redbook said:
...tsa pilots have been here for years, growing this airline and you are attempting to jump ahead of these people who have worked hard for years and whose families have beared the burden of their sacrifices. The millions of dollars to start g0jet has not been earned by g0jet pilots.

Did your help earn the money that bought those 10 E-145s of American Eagle's?

Just a different battle a different day....This too will pass....

KingKong2 said:
Did your help earn the money that bought those 10 E-145s of American Eagle's?

Just a different battle a different day....This too will pass....

Keep telling yourself that Dan, you bet your career on it. Ask the other guys in class what their exit strategy is. You must be pretty nervous with all the meetings between alpa and tsa management. What do you think they are discussing? Hmmmmm.

Hey Redbook,

Curious. Who is "Dan" (Kong)? Does he work for Trans States? If so, PM me with his name, if you would. Thanks.

Last edited:
WalMart undercuts most vendors in every city they come into, and they can give you a product for cheaper. Are they scabs??
Do you go there?
So it's okay to support "scabs" of every other industry, but not yours?
It's called Captialism. Heard of it?
One of the ideals America was founded on.
Just curious....Who's struck work is G0JET5 flying?
Oh.

Last edited:
I don't shop at Wal-Mart for that reason. Ever hear of just doing "the right thing?"

So many pilots piss me off. They sit there and quote scripture, love GWB, go to church and then screw over their fellow man. All the while wondering why they can't pay the bills on their salary.

Some "morality". More like hypocrisy.

Latest resources

Back