• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GM flying private jets again

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
The CEO asked my boss how he financially justified owning a new jet, and my boss literally laughed at him and said "Justify? Hell you can't financially justify it! The question you have to ask yourself isn't 'How can I financially justify it?', but rather 'Can I effectively run my business without it?' All that money you'll spend buys you time. Next time you're stuck in Houston or Atlanta with a delayed or canceled commercial flight and miss a meeting with a current or potential client, think about how much your time is worth to you and your firm."

The meaning behind what your boss was saying is all about money. Saving a day in wasted travel time is absolutely increasing productivity. It's like having a sales guy and not spending the money to give him the materials needed to go sell your product. Sure, those materials cost money, but you can't make any if you don't spend it.

A quote from Warren Buffet: “Berkshire has been better off by me having a plane available to go and do deals or whatever it may be. A lot of times it doesn’t work out. But net, it’s a plus. We have done things I wouldn’t have done if we hadn’t had a plane. "

There is NO WAY the guy I flew for could have had HALF the productivity he did by using the airlines.

10 day 'round the world trips where we'd fly every day and he'd do business every day--none of this languishing in Phuket for a week (ok, well, sometimes that happened...).

But, a corporate aircraft IS a necessary tool/evil (which of those it is depends on whether you are a deal maker or a bean counter). If a CEO screws it up by flying it to Gstaad or Nice too often is his/her failure.

TC

A condition from GM's owner (Obammy) is that all aircraft are required to have Obama's "logo" & face painted on the tail of every a/c just so they remember who owns them now.

A condition from GM's owner (Obammy) is that all aircraft are required to have Obama's "logo" & face painted on the tail of every a/c just so they remember who owns them now.

Based on todays business news they gonna have to paint the picture of Mou Se Tung! China buying a big stake in them! WTF

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back