• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

global express thoughts...

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Get used to the fact that you now fly a Global. It will never be a Gulfstream in terms of reliability and rock solid performance.

The quicker you learn to live with it, the less irritated you will be.

BTW - there is a way to display AOA. When you learn more you will figure it out.

Airpedro - ex G pilot.

You don't have the cruise information in your manual that came with the airplane? :confused:

Unlike takeoff and landing data, cruise manual data is not certificated data - it need only be "representative of flight test article in the flight test program". Subsequently, many manufacturers, Bombardier included, gather this data during function and reliability testing during the certification process in "green" aircraft . As a result, most cruise manuals are optimistic.

In the case of the Global we tested, the cruise manual was up to 11% off. It would not make the charted altitudes or speeds for weight and atmospheric conditions. We found that FL430 was a good mid-weight or lighter altitude. Experience in your particular aircraft and advice from other Global Express operators should serve as a good operational teacher.

It's a good thing the aircraft is selected and paid for by the people in the back. Of course, GV will tell you that all passengers prefer the smaller cabin of the GV versus the Global as it's more "intimate" and the 650 was driven more by the marketing department and less by passenger input.

From a passenger perspective the GLEX is the ultimate, it has ramp presence unlike any other business jet out there(excluding the big Boeing and private airbus products). The back is very roomy, and can be made up beautifully. But from a pilots perspective nothing flies like a Gulfstream, so I am happy with my job, but we have been hearing a few rumors that the boss is shopping for a BD-700.

Brand new green airplane from the factory I hear is about 35M with interior running anywhere from 10-20 million.

I know of a F500 company with a lower serial number Global who had to chase it every flight with their Challenger to have another aircraft available in case of maintenance problems.

Latest resources

Back