Global Express gets a face lift

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
A different shade of lipstick for the same old pig

I like steam gauges- for the younger crowd; we fly, make tea and have very clear skin.

hmmmm. i fly steam gages, drink redbull to stay up all night, use visine to get the red out, and have caluses from loading pallets.

that global cockpit is ok, but i would still take my g550 or 450 over it. btw, just got back from fsi in sav and the Planebook looks like it is shaping up to be a "must have" for a gulfstream.

s/f

Holy crap fido, I thought you gave up the crack pipe. Nice to see you back.

Hopefully no one will going rifling through your old posts and make things uncomfortable for you.

Not to hi jack this thread as I think the new Global stuff is pretty darn nice and I like the palm driven cursor devise much better than the Gulfstream design, but if you haven't seen the new 787 flight deck you'll be in for a pleasent surprise. Very nice, very advanced and it has a dual HUD set up for starters. I wonder if the EFB on the Global is a Class lll unit that will allow you to do away with most of the paper?

I think the point here is that the new Global stuff is really old stuff. Gulfstream and Dassault are already on their second iteration of this cockpit.

The Boeing isn't breaking any new ground and first deliveries may be by December 08. Gulfstream has been flying this cockpit for 5 years.

Muddy

hmmmm. i fly steam gages, drink redbull to stay up all night, use visine to get the red out, and have caluses from loading pallets.

Are the calluses really from loading pallets? No really?

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back