• Start date
  • Watchers 15

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
How does it feel to be called a chode??!! :) :0 And a hat wearing one at that. Now would that be Trojan, or Durex?

I do not particularly enjoy wearing the uniform hat. I never considered being a chode, although I might, if I knew what the hell it was...

There is one huge issue to being displaced from Captain to FO -- Turbine PIC. Unless you want to stay at ASA for the rest of your career, turbine PIC should be a major issue. Hopefully in 2012 when the retirements start and the hiring begins again at the majors; only those with plenty of turbine PIC will be the first to get interviews.

If you look at the majors that hired before this last round of furloughs it was more of who you knew than how much turbine pic you had. (the only exception being Southwest) I left ASA about three years ago with all of my time as a f/o. Classmates of mine stayed for the upgrade that came in the spring of '07 and still don't have the magic 1,000 turbine pic number. Now they are back on the bottom of the captian list. I have been told by many of them that they would trade places with me.

My point is this, turbine pic is important, but it isn't what it was in the '90's.

Good luck to all.

Latest resources

Back