• Start date
  • Watchers 15

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Y'all sound like a bunch of whiney, arrgoant jerks. Granted, it's not pleasant to go from CA to FO pay. All things considered, it's quite a bit more pleasant than going from FO to NO pay.

Have a little respect, would ya'?

And it's even LESS pleasant to go from NO pay to getting run over by a car.

Y'all sound like a bunch of whiney, arrgoant jerks. Granted, it's not pleasant to go from CA to FO pay. All things considered, it's quite a bit more pleasant than going from FO to NO pay.

Have a little respect, would ya'?

Been there, done that. I went from CA pay, bypassed FO pay, and STRAIGHT to no pay.

Well let's all hope you don't get run over by a car this week.

(making fun of what Abernathy wrote, not your situation)

Well let's all hope you don't get run over by a car this week.

(making fun of what Abernathy wrote, not your situation)

Well, getting run over by a car would certainly take my mind off of work.

Maybe not such a bad deal. Let me see if I can work the numbers to make it sound like it would be better for me to be run over by a car than to be an FO...

Forget the car. Just walking across the ramp your odds are pretty good that eventually you will either be run over by a tug, fuel truck or catering golf cart. Atleast those may fall under OJI.

Forget the car. Just walking across the ramp your odds are pretty good that eventually you will either be run over by a tug, fuel truck or catering golf cart. Atleast those may fall under OJI.

I agree. I've always thought that the most dangerous part of our jobs was walking to and from the airplane.

Captains on reserve rarely get more than 75 hrs, even if you select "call me first". As a senior FO, I can get 90 to 100 hrs credit per month through various measures. It's a little more work with significantly more control. Sometimes it's not even more work, because senior FOs can pick up high credit trips with ease. FOs that I flew with over the past two years often flew similar "Block Time" as me, but ended up with way more credit, 15 to 25 hrs more...

Wow, that's a lot of time per month. I guess one would take the good (control) with the bad (hrs. worked). Having control play a BIG part in one's life. Since we don't seem to have much these days at work. I hear brother.
Good luck!!!

There is one huge issue to being displaced from Captain to FO -- Turbine PIC. Unless you want to stay at ASA for the rest of your career, turbine PIC should be a major issue. Hopefully in 2012 when the retirements start and the hiring begins again at the majors; only those with plenty of turbine PIC will be the first to get interviews.

Captains on reserve rarely get more than 75 hrs, even if you select "call me first". As a senior FO, I can get 90 to 100 hrs credit per month through various measures. It's a little more work with significantly more control. Sometimes it's not even more work, because senior FOs can pick up high credit trips with ease. FOs that I flew with over the past two years often flew similar "Block Time" as me, but ended up with way more credit, 15 to 25 hrs more...

You sound like a real go-getter... an enormous hat-wearing chode... But a real go-getter. Fly your heart out, boss. It's your dream!

Latest resources

Back