• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gla

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Ya I'm beginning to think it might not work out. I may just take 1 class a semester its usually 1 night a week for 3 hours I may be able to work something out with the teachers.

Plenty of us have done the distance learning thing while at Lakes, lots of work but doable. But brick-n-mortar classes are out of the question. 4, 5, and 6 days trips with 10 days off/month and rampant junior manning cannot be made consistent week to week to allow stuff like that.

Oh, and at the moment the basing is in serious flux, STL crews are doing the MSP flying, while DEN crews are doing the STL flying, it's typical fubar. Oh, but we have taken one old Big Sky airplane (sorry guys) so all our operational problems are over. And I have some beachfront AZ property to sell...

Plenty of us have done the distance learning thing while at Lakes, lots of work but doable. But brick-n-mortar classes are out of the question. 4, 5, and 6 days trips with 10 days off/month and rampant junior manning cannot be made consistent week to week to allow stuff like that.

I did finish up school on line while at Colgan. The in person classes are totally out of the question there is no way that would be possible. Even only meeting with proctors to take the mid-term and final was kind of sketchy a few times and I used one of my old high school teachers so he could be pretty flexible on when I showed up and got the test done.

You have to be extremely dedicated to get it done this way. You will have to force yourself to read and get the online assignment done each week. Even if that means studying some in the crewroom on some airport appriciation sits. If you have any problem getting motivated to study for an in person class, or if you have a hard time learning just by reading and need to hear/see what the teacher does then you probably will not do good with the online stuff. If you think that might be a problem then stay at school for the extra year. Plus are you sure they even offer your other major online?

Last edited:
I wasn't planning on doing my major online. I don't think they even off it online to be honest. I was just hoping that I would be able to get to the classes since they take place once a week, and if I had to work out something with the teacher so be it. But I heard some new hiring info could be BS i guess we shall see in January but my eye is still on GLA I'm not a fan of the SJS.

I wasn't planning on doing my major online. I don't think they even off it online to be honest. I was just hoping that I would be able to get to the classes since they take place once a week, and if I had to work out something with the teacher so be it. But I heard some new hiring info could be BS i guess we shall see in January but my eye is still on GLA I'm not a fan of the SJS.

Then why is it you're such a big fan of Ho-jet?

Latest resources

Back