Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GJ Pilot car gets keyed!...What the hell?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
pilotlbs said:
I guess I'm kind of confused, why is everyone saying below industry standard wages... When GJ offered me a position in their ground school they said the pay for a GJ FO was the SAME as a TSA FO...? Can someone clear this up for me?

Maybe.

TSA pilots fly 50 seaters. GJ pilots fly 70 seaters.

Does this clear it up a little. If not, then PM me.

Thanks

phishn@daves said:
Maybe.

TSA pilots fly 50 seaters. GJ pilots fly 70 seaters.

Does this clear it up a little. If not, then PM me.

Ok that does make more sense I didn't think of that. What about like great lakes though, they fly the 1900 and 120's for 13.5 the first year, but I don't hear many people saying that they're "scabs" because they work for below industry standards. I understand its a completely different situation, I just hear many people basing their facts on the below industry standards, when to me it seems like a bit more of a moral issue among the pilots?

ITS NOT ABOUT WAGES... ITS ABOUT SCOPE! Holy crap you guys have a short memory.

Pipejockey... the AWAC guys are pissed because we were the 1st victims of Hojets. If they didn't exist to bid and undercut us by working for free, then most of us wouldn't be commuting halfway accross the D A M N E D country to fly for USAirways.

On the otherhand. The USAirways folks are a heck of alot better to work for. I'm happy we've made the transition.

On the otherhand. The USAirways folks are a heck of alot better to work for....

THEY ARE .....????????:eek:

PHXFLYR:cool:

Former 10 year W/O Capt...... with the battle scars to prove it!!!;)

pilotlbs said:
Ok that does make more sense I didn't think of that. What about like great lakes though, they fly the 1900 and 120's for 13.5 the first year, but I don't hear many people saying that they're "scabs" because they work for below industry standards. I understand its a completely different situation, I just hear many people basing their facts on the below industry standards, when to me it seems like a bit more of a moral issue among the pilots?

NO, it's $15.30 the first year, and they are union Teamsters, unlike *************************s. Lakes local union doesn't have enough pilots who have experience helping negotiate a good contract who stay long enough to do much good for them. Frankly, the Teamsters aren't much help either.

Now, if *************************s organized as ALPA from the beginning and TSA permitted TSA pilots to work for TSA and *************************s under a single seniority list, we wouldn't be having this opposition to them, would we?

BTW I saw a pimply faced 23 year old *************************s CA at ORD. He looked like a dog with his tail betwwen his legs trying to get home, the pride was definitely not showing. so much for 'highly experienced and qualified pilots'.

100LL... Again! said:
What fascinates me is all the pilots who will say, yeah, it shouldn't happen, BUT...

Losers. No wonder you are getting your arses handed to you in the regional industry, with tactics like these.

Wow, your words can be a complete waste of space on multiple boards.

pipejockey said:
Why do you feel these people should give a rats a** about TSA pilots? Or the crybaby awac pilots who have been vocal about GJ as well. I mean awac?? Who in the hell do they think they are? All their planes will be at work with USAir..

In the hell we think we are is that our company started operations in 1965. That we were the first regional airline to have a marketing agreement with a major airline. That in 2002 we had bases in DEN, ATW-WI, ORD, and ATL. That in 2007 we'll have bases only in PHL, DCA, and ORF. That we do mind losing flying that has been awarded to any carrier, union shop or not. Especially that we don't mind fighting for the standard of this profession, and against another alter ego whipsaw bar lowering attempt. If TSA had their own pilots fly for *************************s under a single seniority list and their ALPA contract, we wouldn't be having a problem here would we?

Anybody here remember the days of the 'clickers'? Like the ones used for training your pooch. When a scab was on the bus or in the room.....just start clicking. Great psych. warfare against the union busters. Reduced some to tears, or so I've heard. Once upon a time ALPA meant something. But, it starts with the members.

svcta said:
Anybody here remember the days of the 'clickers'? Like the ones used for training your pooch. When a scab was on the bus or in the room.....just start clicking. Great psych. warfare against the union busters. Reduced some to tears, or so I've heard. Once upon a time ALPA meant something. But, it starts with the members.

Immaturity and tribalism all rolled into one.

I used to be pro-union and pro-ALPA, but as long as people are acting this way, it makes the current shafting that union pilots are getting seem justified, in a way. It is sad, but it is like an unruly child that needs discipline. If you misbehave, you will get a spanking.

I find it amazing that full-grown adults would act this way. Perhaps they are not really full grown adults.

Come to think of it, no wonder management is eating your lunch. You act with adolescent rage and passion. They are probably a lot more dispassionate than you are. It is so easy to see why pilots are getting outmaneuvered at every turn.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back