Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Friendliest aviation Ccmmunity on the web
  • Modern site for PC's, Phones, Tablets - no 3rd party apps required
  • Ask questions, help others, promote aviation
  • Share the passion for aviation
  • Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GJ Pilot car gets keyed!...What the hell?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
100LL... Again! said:
What fascinates me is all the pilots who will say, yeah, it shouldn't happen, BUT...

Losers. No wonder you are getting your arses handed to you in the regional industry, with tactics like these.

Yeah, you're right. Should they have wired the ignition instead?

Here's how I see it:

1. We don't know why the car got keyed (yes, I'm serious). Maybe he gave someone the finger in traffic or was rude to a hotel employee. This is only circumstantial evidence right now.

2. GhoJets pilots have to realize what they might be getting into when they took the job. They knew the majority of airline pilots were against them and dumb stuff like this might happen.

3. Finally, this is really a stupid act. Yes, I realize what I said in #2 but that does NOT mean I condone it. Really... does keying one idiot's car make the industry better? Is he going to quit and start picketing for ALPA? Nope.

4. If they were true scabs and crossing a picket line, I might feel differently. But it is still chicken s***. If you don't like what the guy is doing, tell him to his face, don't vandalize his car (if that's in fact what happened).

This industry still sucks.

100LL... Again! said:
What fascinates me is all the pilots who will say, yeah, it shouldn't happen, BUT...

Losers. No wonder you are getting your arses handed to you in the regional industry, with tactics like these.

Why not have some balls and say it to his face? Vandalism is a very low and is a cowards way to deal with this situation.

Huh?

Phony Marconi said:
At those wages, I bet it was NOT a Lexus!
I guess I'm kind of confused, why is everyone saying below industry standard wages... When GJ offered me a position in their ground school they said the pay for a GJ FO was the SAME as a TSA FO...? Can someone clear this up for me?

With their integrity.....

Who's to say that the GJ pilot didn't key the car himself and then turn it into the insurance company.

pilotlbs said:
I guess I'm kind of confused, why is everyone saying below industry standard wages... When GJ offered me a position in their ground school they said the pay for a GJ FO was the SAME as a TSA FO...? Can someone clear this up for me?

TSA FO pay kinda sucks and is most likely on the low end of industry average. (Thats one reason 4 more years would suck). TSA also gets block or better where GJ gets only block time. Block or better pay usually adds a few hundred bucks to your bank account by the end of the month. So even though the hourly wage is the same the end of month take home pay is a few hundred less.

usac1 said:
A GJ pilot's car got keyed at the hotel where he was staying. Is that professional? I think not. It's scary to think that people of that maturity level are being trusted with the lives of your family members. People need to grow up.

I'm sure whoever did it was thnking the same about the WhoJet pilot.

usac1 said:
A GJ pilot's car got keyed at the hotel where he was staying. Is that professional? I think not. It's scary to think that people of that maturity level are being trusted with the lives of your family members. People need to grow up.

Are you sure those werent your own fingernail marks from a little late night lot lizard love. ?

You know hearing everybody down on GJ pilots got me thinking. A lot of these guys interviewing and going to work for GJ may not even know of all the childish controversy surrounding it. If I didn't occasionally come to this message board and read the posts from you children (with some exceptions) I wouldn't know that I am not "supposed" to work for GJ. Why do you feel these people should give a rats a** about TSA pilots? Or the crybaby awac pilots who have been vocal about GJ as well. I mean awac?? Who in the hell do they think they are? All their planes will be at work with USAir..

Latest resources

Back