• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

GIV and GV types

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
My GIV type at SimuFlite was $18,000 (2004). FlightSafety wanted $32,000.Ultraman

What about the Falcon 900? Any ball park figures for type appreciated. Also, what type rating is required for the 900? Is that a completely separate type rating or does that cover any other Falcons? THX

clownhater said:
What about the Falcon 900? Any ball park figures for type appreciated. Also, what type rating is required for the 900? Is that a completely separate type rating or does that cover any other Falcons? THX

The DA50 and DA900 is a common type rating. If you get one, you get both. It covers all the 50's and 900's except, I believe, the EASy cockpit equipped aircraft, which is a different type.

FracCapt said:
The DA50 and DA900 is a common type rating. If you get one, you get both. It covers all the 50's and 900's except, I believe, the EASy cockpit equipped aircraft, which is a different type.

however, i flew the f50 for some years and was typed in it then we got f900 and went to 3 week school for that even though it was a common type. that was in late eighties. point being you will probably need f900 school to fly it even if you have a f50 type. it is not the same plane as a f50. :)

Fslcon 50 type at FSI was 21k

semperfido said:
however, i flew the f50 for some years and was typed in it then we got f900 and went to 3 week school for that even though it was a common type. that was in late eighties. point being you will probably need f900 school to fly it even if you have a f50 type. it is not the same plane as a f50. :)

I definitely agree. I didn't mean to imply that just because you get typed in an old steam gauge 50 that you're instantly qualified to fly a 900EX.....just that, in the eyes of the FAA, they are the same type rating.

FracCapt said:
I definitely agree. I didn't mean to imply that just because you get typed in an old steam gauge 50 that you're instantly qualified to fly a 900EX.....just that, in the eyes of the FAA, they are the same type rating.

The DA50 type rating covers 4 aircraft...DA50, 50EX, 900A-C, and 900EX. It will probably also cover the DA900DX, unless they put and EASY cockpit in that one also. The 900EASY is a seperate type rating.

The minimum requirements at FlightSafety is once you have the 50 type all you need is differences training, don't quote me but i believe it is 4 days ground school and 5 sim sessions, no checkride unless you are Pt.135.

It will depend on what your company wants to do when they send you to school, full initial or differences. All I can say is that once you learn one falcon, you can easily transition to another, they are all similiar. If you were typed and current on the 50 and had to go to a full initial on any of the 900 series, you would probably slit your wrists out of boredom after the 4th day.

The worst case scenario is straight 50/900 transiton to 50/900EX. If you don't have glass cockpit experience it may be a little difficult to make it through on the shortened differences class. Learning the FMS and glass are usually the 2 biggest obstacles. The systems are almost identical through the 50/900..with obvious improvements as the newer a/c were built with better technology.

One more thing....It sucks going to 900EX initial getting through your type ride, all proud of yourself, and looking at your new license and see "DA50"

Kinda takes the wind outta your sails

Latest resources

Back