• NC Software is proud to announce the release of APDL - Airline Pilot Logbook version 10.0. Click here to view APDL on the Apple App store and install now.
  • Logbook Pro for Apple iOS version 8.1 is now available on the App Store. Major update including signature endorsements and dark/light theme support. Click here to install now.

GIV and GV types

capnflyright

Well-known member
Joined
Nov 27, 2001
Posts
176
Total Time
6500
What's the going rate for both of these type ratings? My info is dated. Thanks in advance.
 

semperfido

Keep Humpin
Joined
Dec 5, 2004
Posts
1,873
Total Time
11K+
a lot-- i don't know exact numbers but i can ball park it. :)

g4-- 35k
g5-- 45k
 

Ultraman

H.N.F. 1924-2003
Joined
Nov 25, 2001
Posts
143
Total Time
8200
My GIV type at SimuFlite was $18,000 (2004). FlightSafety wanted $32,000.Ultraman
 

clownhater

Never trust a clown
Joined
Feb 19, 2005
Posts
39
Total Time
6000
What about the Falcon 900? Any ball park figures for type appreciated. Also, what type rating is required for the 900? Is that a completely separate type rating or does that cover any other Falcons? THX
 

FracCapt

Clown punchers, unite!
Joined
Mar 11, 2004
Posts
1,415
Total Time
18+yrs
clownhater said:
What about the Falcon 900? Any ball park figures for type appreciated. Also, what type rating is required for the 900? Is that a completely separate type rating or does that cover any other Falcons? THX

The DA50 and DA900 is a common type rating. If you get one, you get both. It covers all the 50's and 900's except, I believe, the EASy cockpit equipped aircraft, which is a different type.
 

semperfido

Keep Humpin
Joined
Dec 5, 2004
Posts
1,873
Total Time
11K+
FracCapt said:
The DA50 and DA900 is a common type rating. If you get one, you get both. It covers all the 50's and 900's except, I believe, the EASy cockpit equipped aircraft, which is a different type.

however, i flew the f50 for some years and was typed in it then we got f900 and went to 3 week school for that even though it was a common type. that was in late eighties. point being you will probably need f900 school to fly it even if you have a f50 type. it is not the same plane as a f50. :)
 

G4G5

Well-known member
Joined
Sep 20, 2002
Posts
1,800
Total Time
8500+
Fslcon 50 type at FSI was 21k
 

FracCapt

Clown punchers, unite!
Joined
Mar 11, 2004
Posts
1,415
Total Time
18+yrs
semperfido said:
however, i flew the f50 for some years and was typed in it then we got f900 and went to 3 week school for that even though it was a common type. that was in late eighties. point being you will probably need f900 school to fly it even if you have a f50 type. it is not the same plane as a f50. :)

I definitely agree. I didn't mean to imply that just because you get typed in an old steam gauge 50 that you're instantly qualified to fly a 900EX.....just that, in the eyes of the FAA, they are the same type rating.
 

BuddhaJ

Active member
Joined
Jun 28, 2005
Posts
28
Total Time
4800
FracCapt said:
I definitely agree. I didn't mean to imply that just because you get typed in an old steam gauge 50 that you're instantly qualified to fly a 900EX.....just that, in the eyes of the FAA, they are the same type rating.

The DA50 type rating covers 4 aircraft...DA50, 50EX, 900A-C, and 900EX. It will probably also cover the DA900DX, unless they put and EASY cockpit in that one also. The 900EASY is a seperate type rating.

The minimum requirements at FlightSafety is once you have the 50 type all you need is differences training, don't quote me but i believe it is 4 days ground school and 5 sim sessions, no checkride unless you are Pt.135.

It will depend on what your company wants to do when they send you to school, full initial or differences. All I can say is that once you learn one falcon, you can easily transition to another, they are all similiar. If you were typed and current on the 50 and had to go to a full initial on any of the 900 series, you would probably slit your wrists out of boredom after the 4th day.

The worst case scenario is straight 50/900 transiton to 50/900EX. If you don't have glass cockpit experience it may be a little difficult to make it through on the shortened differences class. Learning the FMS and glass are usually the 2 biggest obstacles. The systems are almost identical through the 50/900..with obvious improvements as the newer a/c were built with better technology.
 

BuddhaJ

Active member
Joined
Jun 28, 2005
Posts
28
Total Time
4800
One more thing....It sucks going to 900EX initial getting through your type ride, all proud of yourself, and looking at your new license and see "DA50"

Kinda takes the wind outta your sails
 

semperfido

Keep Humpin
Joined
Dec 5, 2004
Posts
1,873
Total Time
11K+
BuddhaJ said:
One more thing....It sucks going to 900EX initial getting through your type ride, all proud of yourself, and looking at your new license and see "DA50"

Kinda takes the wind outta your sails

yes -as i remember the year was 1989 and it was f900 school- first efis/fms plane we had and it was about 21 days long down at good ole FSI in Moonachie. And when it was all over our ratings stayed the same.- :(

same thing with the G550- about 3 long weeks and same ole GV stamp.- not even a diamond studded airplane pin like we got for the G4 rating- that was a nice touch. :)
 
Top