Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

cyork25

Alright guys,

We have decided to pursue a GIII. My question is should we get an AC or DC bird? Does it matter, why or why not? Also does anyone have experience with universal's glass cockpit upgrade on the GIII? What serial numbers should we be looking for? Thanks for everything

fuel burn

5500 lbs first hour
3300 second
3300 third
3300 forth
3100 fifth and sixth and seventh...I believe. Its been a while since I flew it.

WOW...a three hour leg costs you nearly 9 grand just in fuel...and you haven't even turned a wrench on it or anything else....

So...I suppose a budget of 5 grand an hour to operate something like that? More maybe?

WOW...a three hour leg costs you nearly 9 grand just in fuel...

I think you must be doing some new kind of math because when I take 3300lbs / 6.7lbs per gallon X $3.50 per gallon = $1725 for cruise fuel cost.

What's the difference in GIV and GIII fuel burn numbers and anybody got any answers on the AC vs DC deal?

Hmmm...I THINK my math is OK...

but lets check...

three hour leg....like I said...

Johnny tells us that is 5500 lbs plus 3300 lbs plus 3300 lbs. Thats 12,100 lbs.../6.7 = 1800 gallons...

TIMES 5 bucks a gallon or so still comes to 9 grand....

But I like your math way better..

I'll take two GIII's please!

G-iii

I flew a G-III DC all over the world for years. Never had a problem. I got a chance to fly an AC aircraft. Basically the ac is a G-III with a G-IV electrical panel> I guess the best person to ask the question you are asking would be a mechanic that works on both. As far as fuel burn I remember 5k 4k 3.5k 3.5k the last two hours it goes down to about 2.8k per hour.

Latest resources

Back