Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Flight Safety LGB has EVS in their G-IV sim

TAG2 said:
Yeah, I think the EVS will be/or is available with any HUD. I thought of that AFTER I pushed the post button. The 350,400,450,550 will all have PlaneView and EVS standard, I believe. Gulfstream is striving to standardize their assembly lines as much as possible.

I think you can get it any way you choose. They're making it available for training.

Now, about that notch in the tail of the G-V. I'm told that the reason it's there is because the guys who designed the tail were "furloughed" Douglas engineers who designed it that way. I've heard this from several sources, including from folks on the design review committee.

TIS

How much does the door on a Gulfstream cost? It sure looks fancy.

G4G5,
The door on the 450 is slightly aft when compared to the G4 however on the 550 it is farther forward compared to the G5.

Mudworm said:
G4G5,
The door on the 450 is slightly aft when compared to the G4 however on the 550 it is farther forward compared to the G5.
This way they can use the same cockpit on both aircraft making production simpler. the only difference would be from the wing aft.

Yes the door is farther aft on the G450. As G4G5 said, from the door forward, the 450 and 550 are the same. In order to give the pax the same size cabin as the G4, they added a 1 ft. plug behind the main door, so the G450 is 1 ft. longer than the G4.

Latest resources

Back