Getting to Cargo ramps

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

goose32

I'm trying to figure out the best way to get from the passenger terminals to the cargo ramps in an attempt to catch a jumpseat. Specifically Fedex or UPS in DTW. Thanks!

Jepps, Google maps, then yell TAXI!!!!

Jepps to figure out where they park, Google maps to figure out how to get there cause the taxi driver doesn't have a clue, then TAXI!!!!! Driver will hate you since it's a short haul (yeah, it's really not that far half way around the airport) so tip big to win a ride next time.

Or try to go cheap and miss the flight. (You're always running out of time, right?).

MOST terminal ops are REALLY cool, some are soso, none are evill. FEDEX Jumpseats RULE!!

List and SHOW UP! or you get a strike, don't list, be nice and HOPE!

Last edited:
Thanks. That is kind of what I figured. I was hoping there was some ” magic” shuttle that would get me there.

In some instances, you can also meet the crew at the hotel if you can get that info (and, of course, get a van to the hotel)

If you call Fedex they'll give you the number to local ops, always a good place to ask. UPS will provide the same info.

Called those numbers. They just give an address/location. They question is, is there a way to get to those locations without having to pay for a cab.

Called those numbers. They just give an address/location. They question is, is there a way to get to those locations without having to pay for a cab.

Unless you're in a place like MEM, IND or EWR (with a dedicated FedEx shuttle) or JFK that runs a bus over to the Cargo area, I think you're out of luck. I'm in the same boat in ORD. It sucks, but some nights, it's worth it!

Anyone use FedEx out of OAK? Will be trying them this week. How about UPS in ONT? Thought maybe in crew domiciles or places with sorts they may have shuttles.

Latest resources

Back