Getting the ASA interview or any other?

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

Tetauy

I have a question for everyone, especially those at ASA. What is the best way to go about getting an interview? I am currently flying for a 135 cargo operation with 1600 total and 550 multi. Any hints would be great. I sent in my resume via fax with a cover letter but I heard that this is basically worthless unless a captain walks it in for you. I wish I knew a captain who could do that for me. Oh well, hopefully I will find a way to get in because it would be a great company to work for. Thanks ahead of time.

Getting the interview

I sent resumes and cover letters to SkyWest (and many others) for over a year but it took three RJ FO's walking in my stuff to get the call I got last week.

I got a call earlier from Island Air but that too was only after a captain walked my paperwork in.

It's tough out there...

While some are getting called just from sending paperwork, the sure-fire way to get the interview is a walk-in. I took a friend's app and rez to LB about 2 weeks ago, and they called him for an interview before I could drive back home from the G/O.

I mean stupidity. Anyone wanna walk a resume in for me? I promise I spell/speak correctly when in front of others. Thanks.

If you don't mind me asking. How much time did your friend have and what had he flown? I talked to LB this morning and she said that unless you have 3000 hours and some time in a crew environment you will not get asked to interview. Thanks.

He had right at 3000, and both 121 and 135 crew experience, mostly in B-1900 and Citation.

Latest resources

Back