Getting A Dispatchers License

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

LearLove

If I took my ATP written in June of 1999 and got my ATP/MEL in July of 1999 what do I need to do to get my Dispatcher License?

If I want to get my ATP/SEL can I take the test in a C-172? I guess I don't need to take the written again right?

I have a current CFI, If I want to get my CFII what written do I need to take? What about for the Ground Instructor and Advanced Ground Instructor?

Thanks

Well . . .

You have an ATP rating already so you won't need another written exam for a single engine check ride.

If you want to pursue the aircraft dispatcher certificate you will need the training in addition to a written exam. The (ADX) if I remember it correctly. This exam comes solely from the ATP written knowledge test and bank of questions. You will need to study both 121 and 135.

As far as the C-172 goes; you took your multi check ride in a complex aircraft so I believe you may use the cessna.

The CFII rating you need to take the (FII) written knowledge test from the bank of questions from The Instrument Pilot Knowledge tests. If you do this, then take the IGI right after since it comes from the same bank of questions and you just studied for it. The IGI written results is all you need for the ground instructor certificate. Just take it to the FSDO with an 8710 filled out. (or do there)

If you want the AGI advanced ground you need to take, yet, another test which comes from the flight instructor written exams.

Thats a lot of work, good luck. Any or all of these items would be worth doing.

1. get the ATP gliem book study for the aircraft dispatcher written exam. You would also be doing twice the work with one stone because then you will be prepared for the oral exam of the ATP ride. Especially if it has been a fair amount of time since you took the original test.

2. Get the Instrument Pilot from gliem and study for the FII and IGI written exams.

3. Get the Flight Instructor from gliem and take the AGI written exam. Combine both the results of the AGI/IGI and visit a FSDO nearest you for that certificate. It will be the "easier" of the many certificates you seek.

Jason

Thanks J, now its starting to come back, all of the part-time instruction I do is PVT PLT stuff, flight reviews and a/c check outs.

So let me make sure I got it right:

1. to get my CFII I'll take the (FII test code) and use the Inst. Pilot Handbook to study. Then take check ride.

2. to get my Inst. ground Instr. (IGI), I'll take the same test as above and study from same book. (test code IGI)

3. to get my advanced ground instructor (AGI) I'll take the AGI test code and study from the Flt.Ground Instr. book.

Now when I finnish the AGI and IGI I go to the local FISDO with the forms and they give me the tickets. My question is: My address on my tickets (ATP and CFI) is still my home (parents) address. (I won't change untill I know where to settle plus I'm planning to move back to that area after my company realigns (read gets it a$$ in gear) its bases.) Will the FSDO in upstate NY give me the AGI/IGI ticket with an address out of their area? If not I guess I'll have to go home to get the tickets.

4. to get the dispatcher license I take the ADX (ADX test code) and study from the Gleim ATP book. Now do go to the local FISDO to get the ticket or is there something else to do?

Thanks

PS Jason I like the fact that you ref. the Gleim book. I used them for my ATP and FEX stuff. I find them easier to use than the ASA books. This is what I tell my PVT guys to use. Also I tell them that they don't need to waist $$ on the software to videos just study from the book and use ground school notes and ask me ???. I find this is best both in learning and money wise.

4. to get the dispatcher license I take the ADX (ADX test code) and study from the Gleim ATP book. Now do go to the local FISDO to get the ticket or is there something else to do?

Even though the ATP and ADX written both come from the same bank of questions for writtens, a dispatcher certificate is not an add-on certificate. You would still have to either have to go to a dispatcher course or get two years practical experience (usually as an assistant dispatcher).

Refer to the links that CooCooTim provided.

MOST of the ADX questions come from the 121 ATP exam, but there are a few dispatcher only questions. To obtain the certificate, you have to take an oral and practical exam. It's not just a written, like the ground instructor certs. If you have the written completed, you can take a short course at a dispatcher school. They have them in several locations, inlcuding Datona Beach, Minneapolis, Cincinnati and others. Hope this helps you.

So according to 65.57, if I take the ADX and have 2 years or more as a 121 pilot then is that all I need or do I have to take some kind of pratical w/ a DE or FAA examiner?

Thanks for your help guys

Latest resources

Back