• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Get Some Of This RAH!!!!!!!

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I can't speak about the managements types of both, but I have worked pilots that now fly for both airlines. Their are some good people at both and also some creeps!!! Each offer a product that MKE needs and neither will good out of business any time soon.

QOL_is_great:) said:
Luck is merely professionalism and attention to detail.

You need to get lucky!

eP.

Are you saying that AirTran is like Wal-Mart as RAH would be like Target? Really?? Are you saying that only "Jerry Springer" types fly on AirTran and RAH carries the high-class wanna-be types? I've seen the type of people you describe on RAH planes and AirTran too.
I can't speak about the managements types of both, but I have worked pilots that now fly for both airlines. Their are some good people at both and also some creeps!!! Each offer a product that MKE needs and neither will good out of business any time soon.

I am saying that Airtran does cator to a Walmart everyone should be able to fly type. Its not a put down it is what we call "Target Marketing". This is good business paractice. I do realize that Airtran has a first class and WiFi. Walmart sells Organic fruit and granola but it is still walmart. You are what you market yourself as. One thing about RP is that they have the ability to Morph into whatever they want with ease. Airtran does not have that ability.

Last edited:
You'd also know they they have long-term contracts that don't start coming due for AT LEAST a few more years.

Like Bedford/Heller and RAH pilots or not...you might hold on to that smirk for a while...

I got time...

I am saying that Airtran does cator to a Walmart everyone should be able to fly type. Its not a put down it is what we call "Target Marketing". This is good business paractice. I do realize that Airtran has a first class and WiFi. Walmart sells Organic fruit and granola but it is still walmart. You are what you market yourself as. One thing about RP is that they have the ability to Morph into whatever they want with ease. Airtran does not have that ability.
Airtran does not have to morph into anything...they are making money. RP has to figure out what they are going to be...."This is Midwest Airlines, operated by Republic Airlines, in conjuction with Frontier Airlines, which are still flown by their pilots, but not Midwest Airlines, which is flown by Republic Airlines pilots"

Airtran does not have to morph into anything...they are making money. RP has to figure out what they are going to be...."This is Midwest Airlines, operated by Republic Airlines, in conjuction with Frontier Airlines, which are still flown by their pilots, but not Midwest Airlines, which is flown by Republic Airlines pilots"

At some point all businesses must MORPH. This is something RAH does well. If they don't they end up like the old Midwest Airlines. Other than that it seems as if you get the whole Republic Midwest Frontier relationship. You are just trying to make it complicated with minor details that will naturally be addressed.

Last edited:
OK I concede, RAH is a model for all airlines!!!
I see the light now.
Thanks
Robbie

Move along people.

Let the hindsight of history make the call on this one.

But on an interesting note, I do recall there was a time when Southwest pilots were considered "those guys who couldn't get hired at the majors", and their airline seemed more like a thumb-in-their-eye experiment in Texas.

The old guaranteed-profit regional model started it's death roll with the demise of ACA (thanks again Mesa scum), but we really don't know where this is all headed.

Do you know how to buy the seats? I would like to have a couple for the rec room.

Jim

Sale was 1 day only, last Sat. I bought 8 they are pretty cool to have in the house. Some people were buying 30 rows at time, so I'm sure you'll be able to find them on E-bay.

Latest resources

Back