• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Get ready for Age 67+

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I was flying with one of our oldest the other day. He can't hear. I mean he really can't hear anything. He's got these hearing aids that are about a 50/50 at best. So we get to the gate and we see the captain who brought it in and he's another one our oldest pilots. For some reason he's lost his voice. He can't talk; He's just moving his mouth and gesturing trying to be apologetic as he attempts to describe what he just wrote up. His mouth is moving, but there is no noise coming out. So the hearing aid captain starts screwing with his ears trying to adjust the hearing aids. Nothing. The other FO and myself made eye contact and I could tell we were both thinking the same thing. We bolted. We were both sick of making up for these guys. The gate area was full of customers and the FAs were there. But the FAs left them as well. I think it took about ten minutes until they finally decided to write messages to each other on the paperwork. .

One of the funniest posts I've ever read.

Priceless.

Guess you're more confused than I thought. My avatar suits YOU since YOU'RE the one who's crying....

I think you and your compadres who bitch and moan about "your seat" are the most egotistical, self-centered "men" I've come across. Extremely unbecoming. I suggest you get over yourselves and deal the cards that are dealt you. Airline life isn't fair, but neither is life. NO ONE OWES YOU ANYTHING!

You look extremely childish and jealous of anyone who has more than you. I'd like to know where you get the hubris to compare what you have (or DON'T have) to men who were working in the industry before your parents even met.

He is dealing with the cards delt. You old guys are the ones who want to cry for a change cause it ain't fair you have to retire. Classic ME generation.

Perhaps you haven't considered that airline flying IS someone's hobby. A hobby that pays $175K a year.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Thanks that made my night. After the last decade any dope that considers this job a hobby is guaranteed to have an few sexually unsatisfied significant others. It's pathetic just how strong the tool factor really is in this profession.

Last edited:
I have to remember that you and Fubi aren't captains.
Someone better get ahold of payroll. There's gonna be some heads rollin' over this one!
There is a lot of stuff I say that you get fussy about but you just don't know any better. Flying captain is an eye opener. Senior FO means every trip you get shown the 35mm stack of pictures that include a bubba mansion, 2nd or 3rd wife, hot rods, airplanes, awkward picture of estranged adult children from first marriage, and of course a Harley. I flew captain with new guys and they had much different pictures. I'm not going to go into too much detail. Just want to say, that if you can have the same experience and it not change your viewpoint, there is something wrong with your genes.

There's so much babble here, it's not worth the time to dissect.
Age 65 took food off kid's plates and shoes off their feet so a bunch of old guys could keep their toys. That's it!

Really? Tell a ramper in the aft bag bin that the pilot making the 6 figure salary has starving barefoot kids! Typical liberal! Overreaches and it bites you.
And this rule change happened. Stop arguing like you're still waiting for it.

Flopster, if you re-read the beginning of this thread you'll see that I project Age 65 to remain in place for at least 10 more years.

What it all boils down to is that you couldn't care less about barefoot starving kids in Prep School. You want to pit one group against another and blame someone for your self-imposed shafting.

BTW-Why are you as a senior F/O's staying at the top of the bid list, ruining the chances of the guys junior to you who might want Christmas off so they can see their kids open an empty shoe box before heading down to the soup kitchen for dinner! Sounds mighty selfish to me, Flopster, might selfish.

He is dealing with the cards delt. You old guys are the ones who want to cry for a change cause it ain't fair you have to retire. Classic ME generation.

It's eerie how well you have us pegged.......

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA. Thanks that made my night. After the last decade any dope that considers this job a hobby is guaranteed to have an few sexually unsatisfied significant others. It's pathetic just how strong the tool factor really is in this profession.

Man, now THAT'S a stretch if I ever saw one. So your theory is someone who enjoys their job after many years is a sexual clod AND a tool. Wow...just wow. If you dudes don't enjoy YOUR job and feel the old geezers are shafting you, why don't YOU quit and let some other guy with starving kids have a chance. Sheesh...

Man, now THAT'S a stretch if I ever saw one. So your theory is someone who enjoys their job after many years is a sexual clod AND a tool. Wow...just wow. If you dudes don't enjoy YOUR job and feel the old geezers are shafting you, why don't YOU quit and let some other guy with starving kids have a chance. Sheesh...

A job is a job, not a hobby as the previous quoted post suggests genius. Funny 10 years ago I seem to remember major airline pilots who were really hard up for ideas having a hobby like flying their Bonanza to Myrtle for a weekend of golf. According to you now it's all about cramming in that productive 7.5 hour turn in on Friday. I go to work to make a living, not to feel fulfilled in life. If you feel otherwise congrats on being a pathetic loser. Thankfully, especially given the cr@p funnel this profession has eaten in the last decade, there is a lot more to life then flying big jets.

Last edited:
Here's the problem: Pilots that were desiring of seeing the retirement age increased got what they wanted. To the detriment of many. And now they do not have a shred of appreciation for it. It is as though nothing was done for them. With the exception of this very small amount of arguing on the internet, the marginalized generation have taken it in stride. Certainly with far more professionalism than the cake eaters could have mustered.

Yeah, like arguing on the internet.

I'm on a 50 hour unproductive layover in the middle of nowhere. That doesn't afford the luxury of many of my pursuits in life which includes exercise/outdoors (unlike far too many lard @ss airline pilots). Ironically some of the guys who pledged to punch out at 62 are probably waiting for the perfect Junior manning "opportunity" to crop up this weekend to help "make up for what those b@stards stole from me!"

Four years ago I held Labor Day weekend off easily. I wonder what changed since then? Guess I'll wait around and maybe one day I'll realize how super awesome this career is after 60. Then I can tell the punk kids "I only need two more years then I'm gone at 72 I SWEAR!"

Last edited:
BTW-Why are you as a senior F/O's staying at the top of the bid list, ruining the chances of the guys junior to you who might want Christmas off so they can see their kids open an empty shoe box before heading down to the soup kitchen for dinner! Sounds mighty selfish to me, Flopster, might selfish.

Yeah I've got three kids at home that I would like to have a normal relationship with. So I've decided to hold off upgrade again. That, and I honestly think I might need the long-haul time because this UAL thing may not work out.

These FOs aren't indigent. My point is they are a reasonable spenders and solid professionals. IE: not the current over 60 type that thinks they are hip hop stars....

And btw, why don't you go out to the ramp, or the rampers break room, and describe to them your vision on how a retirement age change should affect seniority and then see if you can walk back up the jetway stairs with a towbar sticking out of your butt? They would not tolerate a guy like you for a nano second....

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back