• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Get ASA/XJT Combined Seniority List

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Jessica Simpson has no butt! But I know are opinions are ones that have a "cultural" difference.

I think what my boy Coop is trying to say, is that chick in your avatar could birth twins, sideways, at the same time, with those hips............

Call...an....ALPA...rep...for...more...info

It was an Air Tran ALPA rep that told me the stats so he'd have no reason to lie

Yea, reps are always on the up and up, never have any agenda. Besides, it's pretty well known that Horizon has about the best contract out there.

JA is a business man. He isn't offering this to XJT pilots out of the goodness of his heart because he doesn't want to see us hurt. He wants to make money plain and simple.

You say "gain tight scope"! Guess what? We already have tight scope! Now you are asking us to give it up for less scope. That is a concession. You also say that we will negotiate an industry leading contract. XJT pilots already have an industry leading contract. If anything it looks like we will be giving concessions in this deal.
- PBS
- Scheduling/ trip tade/ line improvement
- Sick Leave
- Retirement
- Pass travel

I'm not saying that this deal isn't going to happen, but there will be a lot of pi**ed off XJT pilots flying around if we lose the current QOL that we enjoy. What makes it worse is ASA pilots seem to want to work against us and side with JA. Thats what really makes me mad. You guys are so eager to give up concessions.

What are your other options? Really!

What are your other options? Really!

Kinda sucks really. ASA pilots have only an upside if the deal goes through. You can't blame the XJT guys for feeling aprehensive because any JCBA is most likely going to be a step backwards for us. Fences will be built to protect us all as far as aircraft and bases, etc... But, in my opinion, the XJT pilots will suffer in comparison to our current contract. Our scope language has caused SKW Inc. to come to the table to negotiate stronger language in regards to protections against the whipsaw which will benefit ASA pilots. INC. has showed a willingness to give more on other aspects of protection for us at XJT which, again, will benefit the ASA pilot group. But, in the end, if this deal goes through the XJT pilots will lose a lot from what we have now. You, as an ASA pilot can say "What are your options?". The ASA pilot group will see a pay raise as a result of this merger. The ASA pilot group will have better protections against the whole whipsaw thing. Hopefully we will be able to get rid of PBS, which would also be a benefit. But, in the end the XJT pilot group will see lower pay rates, lower quality of life and a whole litany of concessions just to stay employed with a stable company. I admit our company is not in the best condition going forward and I'm not one to say "burn it down". But, from what I have come to learn in the last couple days, we will take a hit and the ASA group will benefit from that. By no means am I trying to pit one group against the other. I want us to move forward as one strong unified pilot group. But, don't go spout off saying "What are your options?". We are bringing a lot to you. The only thing you are bringing to us is stability. That is all. Nothing more. Everything else is a negative.

By no means am I trying to pit one group against the other. I want us to move forward as one strong unified pilot group. But, don't go spout off saying "What are your options?". We are bringing a lot to you. The only thing you are bringing to us is stability. That is all. Nothing more. Everything else is a negative.

Hypocrite. Your entire post was us vs them. Don't start saying garbage like this. In all likelihood, XJT would enter bankruptcy (if your current management stays put) and then your contract gets gutted. Stability is one asset you can neither negotiate for or demand. By your very post, SkyWest Inc offers something we could not obtain on our own.

Before you start down the unity road, you need to get your emotions in line and look towards the big picture. ASA pilots will be just fine without XJT. How will XJT fare without Inc merging the two?

Sidenote:
PBS probably isn't going away. The company has too much time and money invested in this thing just to give it away. It would cost dearly in a JCBA. Point here: quit trashing what our guys worked a long time and see how this plays out. This system is nothing like what CAL has so quit basing all your perspective on PBS so narrowly.

Kinda sucks really. ASA pilots have only an upside if the deal goes through. You can't blame the XJT guys for feeling aprehensive because any JCBA is most likely going to be a step backwards for us. Fences will be built to protect us all as far as aircraft and bases, etc... But, in my opinion, the XJT pilots will suffer in comparison to our current contract. Our scope language has caused SKW Inc. to come to the table to negotiate stronger language in regards to protections against the whipsaw which will benefit ASA pilots. INC. has showed a willingness to give more on other aspects of protection for us at XJT which, again, will benefit the ASA pilot group. But, in the end, if this deal goes through the XJT pilots will lose a lot from what we have now. You, as an ASA pilot can say "What are your options?". The ASA pilot group will see a pay raise as a result of this merger. The ASA pilot group will have better protections against the whole whipsaw thing. Hopefully we will be able to get rid of PBS, which would also be a benefit. But, in the end the XJT pilot group will see lower pay rates, lower quality of life and a whole litany of concessions just to stay employed with a stable company. I admit our company is not in the best condition going forward and I'm not one to say "burn it down". But, from what I have come to learn in the last couple days, we will take a hit and the ASA group will benefit from that. By no means am I trying to pit one group against the other. I want us to move forward as one strong unified pilot group. But, don't go spout off saying "What are your options?". We are bringing a lot to you. The only thing you are bringing to us is stability. That is all. Nothing more. Everything else is a negative.

I don't agree with any of your post. Your contract isn't any better than ours for sure. Our profit sharing checks we get every quarter easily make up the difference in our pay rates. And that doesn't even take into account our rigs. August alone I credited 104 and blocked a 64, that is 40 hrs of soft pay. Heck that really beats the hell out of an extra $4 an hour.

. Hopefully we will be able to get rid of PBS, which would also be a benefit. .

Why? I want PBS, as do many others. PBS is simply a better bidding system. You guys know NOTHING about it! It is superior to line bidding. Will there be growing pains with it? Sure. Will some people mess it up? Sure. Will you not always get what you want? Absolutely. But, neither do you in line bidding. I line bidding what if you really need one certain day off one week but a different one the next? Line bidding hardly ever allows for this kind of thing. PBS does. You can set far more parameters to building your schedule than selecting a line that is pre-built for you. I have no idea why the fear toward bidding in deciding to go forward. You guys may have nothing left to bid for soon, or at least a lot less!

ASA pilots stand to gain alot through this???? Really?!??!!!??!? No matter how you integrate the lists, ASA pilots are going to get take a bath. We're outnumbered by a more senior pilot group. Our pay is fine, and so is our QOL, less some minor issues. Don't go waving your finger in my face talking about how great you're going to make my life...............

ASA pilots stand to gain alot through this???? Really?!??!!!??!? No matter how you integrate the lists, ASA pilots are going to get take a bath. We're outnumbered by a more senior pilot group. Our pay is fine, and so is our QOL, less some minor issues. Don't go waving your finger in my face talking about how great you're going to make my life...............

AMEN!!

While we're at it, let ASA pilots vote on if they want to merge. Would love to see the results....

The arrogance is incredible.....Our great contract, our better QOL, etc....XJ guys no NOTHING about ASA, our paycheck, our QOL or our corporate climate with Skywest. But, they act like they do.

Latest resources

Back