• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Get ASA/XJT Combined Seniority List

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is not what i've noticed in the cockpit. Most of our pilot group consider you our new partner in this little adventure. JA treats us like an adopted child who he keeps in the tool-shed. He keeps us fed with a roof over our head...but we don't feel the love like his SkyWest pilots. We've seen his attitude---Case and point: We had 2 waves of furloughs. SkyWest? Zero. Why? Because his children are too good for that kind of treatment. We're adopted...the both of us.

Welcome to the tool-shed. We have dirty magazines.

We may be stuck in the tool shed but hell there is some nice sh*t out here. Plus the AC works well and the bed ain't too bad to sleep in. Nice about the tool shed is we have dirty magazines first off all. Next, we can build some cool stuff. Can we make stuff better? Hell yes! That is one of the reasons I am hopeful this XJT deal goes through. We inherit some leverage to get some good stuff. But still overall, I'll take where we are now versus a being in a Comair position.

JA is a business man. He isn't offering this to XJT pilots out of the goodness of his heart because he doesn't want to see us hurt. He wants to make money plain and simple.

You say "gain tight scope"! Guess what? We already have tight scope! Now you are asking us to give it up for less scope. That is a concession. You also say that we will negotiate an industry leading contract. XJT pilots already have an industry leading contract. If anything it looks like we will be giving concessions in this deal.
- PBS
- Scheduling/ trip tade/ line improvement
- Sick Leave
- Retirement
- Pass travel

I'm not saying that this deal isn't going to happen, but there will be a lot of pi**ed off XJT pilots flying around if we lose the current QOL that we enjoy. What makes it worse is ASA pilots seem to want to work against us and side with JA. Thats what really makes me mad. You guys are so eager to give up concessions.

ALPA has down a case study on regional contracts. Air Wisconsin has the industry leading contract, followed by ASA, then XJT. Sorry bro, our contract overall is better than yours. Especially after you guys just took concessions.

ALPA has down a case study on regional contracts. Air Wisconsin has the industry leading contract, followed by ASA, then XJT. Sorry bro, our contract overall is better than yours. Especially after you guys just took concessions.

What's the link to the case study, or where is it on the ALPA website? I'd like the chance to read it.

It doesn't really matter. It will be fun to watch from the sidelines. You can't expect the purchasing company's pilots to get all bent out of shape over something we didn't sign or initiate. They might be ALPO brothers and all but it's just not in us, I'm afraid. It wouldn't be smart either and will be best left up to the XJT guys to tackle. I say good luck.

Could you please change your avatar?

I have to read your post seven times before I know what the first two words are.

That thing's a freakin train wreck. I don't want to look!! I just can't stop.

Don't make me block you!!
:angryfire

Could you please change your avatar?

I have to read your post seven times before I know what the first two words are.

That thing's a freakin train wreck. I don't want to look!! I just can't stop.

Don't make me block you!!
:angryfire

I agree. That is not attractive to me in ANY way. Just not into all the trunk junk. Now...Jessica Simpson in Daisy Dukes....

Latest resources

Back