Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
huhmmmh.

"have the technology to replace (the pilots)..."

where was that technology when I lost an engine at F250? (rather, what would that technology be capable of doing from that point...programming and artificial intelligence can only go so far!)

or that Sh!tty excuse of a tech. advance they call the autopilot, when it failed to capture altitude on a descent (2 times) ????

oh well,

i'm sure i'm stating the obvious, but that's why these critics are NOT pilots!

=)

rice said:
WRT Mr. Massey's email.
I suggest Mr. Massey volunteer to be a passenger on the first Pilotless aircraft to have a nose gear malfunction such as Jetblue 292 recently experienced. I'm quite certain that the results of such an occurrence would rectify both his problems with professional pilots and our problems with him.
Yea, automation couldn't replicate putting the nose on the centerline two times in a row, just ask any CNC operator.

For another perspective - check out the paragraph recently inserted into the FDX Flight Ops Manual:

"Pilots must be aware that consistent use and reliance on the highest levels of automation throughout the flight regime will degrade basic flying skills. Pilots should maintain proficiency in basic flying skills as well as automation proficiency by using all levels of automation on a regular basis."

Those who fly Airbus and MD11 know how big a deal this statement is....

Not to mention the VNAV function on the NG's FMC. What a joke.

I'd rather row a boat to HI before I ride on a pilotless airplane.

This idiot doesn't even realize someone's got to get the airplanes out to the runway.

Yeah, let's just tug 'em out to the runway, line 'em up and launch 'em . . .

Gotta love engineer types . . . from the folks that brought you "energy conservation mode" among other buffoonery.

Bob Loblaw said:
DRIVING DIRECTIONS:
Denver International Airport to I-70
1. Go North on PENA BLVD toward TERMINAL W.
2. Stay straight to go onto TERMINAL E.
3. TERMINAL E becomes TERMINAL EAST DEPARTURES.
4. Turn SLIGHT RIGHT onto AIRPORT EXIT.
5. Take PENA BLVD.
6. PENA BLVD becomes I-70 West.
I-70 to Republic
7. From I-70, exit to I-225 S (exit 282) toward COLO SPGS.
8. Merge onto CO-83 S/S PARKER RD (exit 4).
9. Take the VAUGHN WAY/DAM ROAD ramp.
10. Turn RIGHT onto S VAUGHN WAY.
11. Continue straight underneath Parker Road overpass and through stoplight.
12. Follow around to stop sign, turn RIGHT onto HEATHER GARDENS WAY.
13. Continue to first RIGHT, WHEELING ROAD. Enter parking lot for Cherry Creek Place IV.
I don't know why, but I literally laughed out loud when I read this. Just the idea of catching a flight to DEN, renting a car, driving to this guys office to kick his ass just cracked me up!

LAXSaabdude.

LAXSaabdude said:
I don't know why, but I literally laughed out loud when I read this. Just the idea of catching a flight to DEN, renting a car, driving to this guys office to kick his ass just cracked me up!

LAXSaabdude.

Legal Disclaimer: I was by no means advocating violence. I just cut and pasted liberally from the "Contact Us" page at his company.

say again said:
Anyone know his e-mail address????

Check page one of the thread.

Bob Loblaw said:
Legal Disclaimer: I was by no means advocating violence. I just cut and pasted liberally from the "Contact Us" page at his company.
I know, just for some reason reading that made for a pretty funny mental picture.

LAXSaabdude.

Latest resources

Back