• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Georgia Sky Airlines @ AHN

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
You only can log it on the part 91 leg... You have to be qualified as a part 135 PIC to log the leg with pax.

Assuming both legs have pax-which they often will-you would get to log very little time.

How does it work with the Caravans parking at Mercury? I assume that people flying out of Maconga would be connecting to somewhere else, are they on their own getting to the terminal or is transportation provided?

And isn't Wings Air doing the AHN stuff with Navajos? They always seem to be taxiing from the terminal side instead of the FBO so I wonder why the Caravans don't do the same.

Last edited:
You only can log it on the part 91 leg... You have to be qualified as a part 135 PIC to log the leg with pax.

Assuming both legs have pax-which they often will-you would get to log very little time.

Not the entire truth. 135.101 and 135.105 dictate that an SIC is required for operations carrying passengers and when the autopilot exemtion can be used. They would have to have been trained and had a checkride. So, they can log the time as both total and sic. (Can't use an autopilot instead of a SIC in a commuter operation unless the PIC has 100 hours in make and model)

It would depend on what their Ops Specs are. I don't fly for them, so I couldn't speculate. (All my C-208 time came flying boxes for an outfit based in Columbus, Ohio) I didn't mention that before because I thought we were talking about IFR flights.

No Gate!!

How does it work with the Caravans parking at Mercury? I assume that people flying out of Maconga would be connecting to somewhere else, are they on their own getting to the terminal or is transportation provided?

And isn't Wings Air doing the AHN stuff with Navajos? They always seem to be taxiing from the terminal side instead of the FBO so I wonder why the Caravans don't do the same

The caravans of Georgia Sky/Pacific Wings park at Atlantic FBO on the north side since they have not been cleared by TSA and have no gate!!
The navajo's of Wings Air have a GATE!!

Not the entire truth. 135.101 and 135.105 dictate that an SIC is required for operations carrying passengers and when the autopilot exemtion can be used. They would have to have been trained and had a checkride. So, they can log the time as both total and sic. (Can't use an autopilot instead of a SIC in a commuter operation unless the PIC has 100 hours in make and model)

Check out 61.51....

The Logging of flight time is what's important to this issue. Sometimes there is a difference between who is required and who can log what.

Now-you could possibly log this flight time, IF the plane doesn't have an approved autopilot, and IF it is an IFR flight.

People need to be very careful with this one.... Some companies have an insurance policy which requires two pilots, even though the FARs do not. I am not sure about this outfit, but if they have approved autopilots, no one can legally log SIC at any time.

Many scumbag operations will tell all their young impressionable F.O.s that an SIC is always required, and they can always log that time..... Maybe so, maybe not-especially if an F.O. is only required for insurance purposes.

One thing I am certain of is that the Caravan is not a two-pilot type certification aircraft. There may be times when two pilots are required, but they are not required to operate the aircraft.

Be very careful with this stuff-it can cost you a job one day if the people looking at the ol' logbook really know the regs and you are logging incorrectly. Uncomfortable questions can arise.

Last edited:
Nah!

Log the whole thing 747 PIC.

You will be way ahead at the interview. SWA loves guys in the right seat logging PIC

It's tru!

The caravans of Georgia Sky/Pacific Wings park at Atlantic FBO on the north side since they have not been cleared by TSA and have no gate!!
The navajo's of Wings Air have a GATE!!

So you show up in MCN 30 minutes before departure, get on a 45 minute flight, park at the FBO, and take 30 minutes getting over to the terminal and through security to arrive at your gate in ATL 45 minutes before your next flight. Even being generous with the time frame you're looking at 2.5 hours total when you could drive MCN to ATL in what, an hour, hour and 15?

The gub'ment could save a buttload of money if they only gave out vouchers for the Groome shuttle from MCN to ATL instead of subsidizing a Caravan.

Latest resources

Back