• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Geneva, Switzerland hotels & info

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Stayed at the Hilton not too long ago. It is as everyone has said. My first thought at enterimg my room was, "...well,all we need now is for KC and the Sunshine Band to show up and we're in business." Too garish for my taste.

However.....

During the layover one of our guys got sick. The hotel staff jumped right on it, had a doctor in no time and took care of him for two days after we left. He had nothing but praise for them.

Funny I cannot understand a frichen thing that you guys are writing. Is it:

Vat a fool. did he not know zat it vas goin to be IFR ze daz of his departure? hiz boss iz not going to be vezy happy zbout taking a car and driver to Milian ... no? Afver all .. zit iz alvays crappy herz in Augoost.

Thanks for the laughs anyhow.

I have 4 days to catch up to him if the WX go to crap. Oh well.

Grindenwald was worth the train ride however. I did not go to the "Top of Europe" as it was 150CHF (140USD) a piece. Little rich for me.

Still would stay at a 1st class five star bouteque Swiss hotel vs an Autin Power's retro nightmare.

http://www.bellevue-palace.ch/

BTW, I suggest channel 17 if you cannot sleep at 0200 CET. Constant phone sex adds.
Cheers

Last edited:
hey g100 where is the bellevue palace located? Which side of the river?

It is on the downtown side of the river. Worth staying a couple of days if you get bored of Geneva.

Crew rate is 168CHF. I got this through Pinnicle Ops.

Thanks for the helpful responses. After a little sniffing around we ended up in the Hotel Les Armures (actually, we're still here). It's a fantastic little hotel right in the middle of old town, very quiet, smallish rooms, great beds, good service. If you like the glitz and bustle of the right bank, then this would not be your cup of tea. However, if you like distinctive hotels this place is perfect. It's a half a block from St Pierre's Cathedral. As I type this the windows are open and I can hear the fountain out front, the bells chiming on the hour, it's great. The Place du Molard and Rue de Rhone are two short blocks down the hill. We are paying 420Sfr, large beds, free continental breakfast (they will bring it to your room).

www.hotel-les-armures.ch

Cheers

how long are you guys staying?

There is a great brewery up thr road from where you guys are. By the bridges that cross over to the other side.

Movenpick

We have our maintenance base in Geneva, always stay at the Movenpick. We like it, foods good, rates reasonable, rooms are comfortable and its near the airport with free shuttle. Always meet other pilots and get the latest rumors(very important). Short ride to downtown. Also its friendly. Bon chance.

Hey Diesel,

We are here throught the first week of Sep. We discovered Lord (Nelson's ?). The place in the plaza with the 5 liter beers. Are we missing something better?

Try out Au Coin Du Bar, a smokey little bar with great food, all locals. We had a three course meal with coffee and two glasses of wine for 70Sfr. At least stop in for Cherries Armeniac, you'll need an espresso to wash them down, fantastic.

Cheers

Latest resources

Back