• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

8HourPilot

Stormtracker Accucast!!!
Question for you.

Could you possibly explain, in not too much detail, Delta's scope on the regionals. Specifically the seat amounts and who can fly what.

Thank you much.
8HP

This should be good.

Question for you.

Could you possibly explain, in not too much detail, Delta's scope on the regionals. Specifically the seat amounts and who can fly what.

Thank you much.
8HP

If anyone would know it the General would. I think FDJ2 and Michael707 are both very knowledgeable as well.

The General will be compromised for awhile...he had his free WIFI refused at Terminal 6 at JFK and was last seen streaking across the ramp with a life size picture of Paris screaming "This isn't right" and waving at his mom!

He is probably making a couple of ACC and DKR trips this month for his beloved Delta. It's cutting into his flight info time.

Question for you.

Thank you much.
8HP

Basically there are unlimited amounts of 70 seaters and 50 seaters allowed, plus a certain amount of 76 seaters, depending on how many mainline planes we had on the property this last January 1st. Any new planes we get will allow 3 extra 76 seaters too (per Delta mainline plane). I think the max number of 76 seat planes allowed as of Jan 1st---were 15 76 seaters this year. From what I have heard a lot of these 76 seaters will be traded one for one with existing 50 seaters which have become unprofitable. As far as who gets to fly what, that is up to Delta. They just awarded Pinnacle 19 CR9s, and Comair 14 CR9s. Skywest flies quite a few of them now too. If Delta wanted to fly the CR9s with more than 76 seats, they would have to be flown by mainline pilots, and we actually have pay rates for mainline CR9s if they ever wanted to do that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

He is probably making a couple of ACC and DKR trips this month for his beloved Delta. It's cutting into his flight info time.

Nope. I just did a nice Anchorage trip and a few St Thomas and San Juans. No thanks to Lagos (starts in DEC), Accra, or Dakar/Joberg. I usually do just turns so I don't miss out on Flightinfo, but I really enjoy the King Crab legs in ANC.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Basically there are unlimited amounts of 70 seaters and 50 seaters allowed, plus a certain amount of 76 seaters, depending on how many mainline planes we had on the property this last January 1st. Any new planes we get will allow 3 extra 76 seaters too (per Delta mainline plane). I think the max number of 76 seat planes allowed as of Jan 1st---were 15 76 seaters this year. From what I have heard a lot of these 76 seaters will be traded one for one with existing 50 seaters which have become unprofitable. As far as who gets to fly what, that is up to Delta. They just awarded Pinnacle 19 CR9s, and Comair 14 CR9s. Skywest flies quite a few of them now too. If Delta wanted to fly the CR9s with more than 76 seats, they would have to be flown by mainline pilots, and we actually have pay rates for mainline CR9s if they ever wanted to do that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Until management asks us to give in on scope once again and our cowardly group gives in hat on and all. Then, our connection carriers can fly up to 90 seats. Then 100? Then 120? Where is the true line in the sand General? Should have been 50!!!!!!!

Until management asks us to give in on scope once again and our cowardly group gives in hat on and all. Then, our connection carriers can fly up to 90 seats. Then 100? Then 120? Where is the true line in the sand General? Should have been 50!!!!!!!

Well, it's clear that you're just not a team player like the General. What's YOUR problem? ;) TC

Bye Bye--General Lee

That's pretty bad. Great job protection for the regional, not so much for the mainline. Those planes should be flown by mainline. It's a trickle down effect, one airline see it and then the next wants it in there scope.

Hopefully it will get better for you guys in the next contract.

Latest resources

Back