• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

General Lee please.

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Basically there are unlimited amounts of 70 seaters and 50 seaters allowed, plus a certain amount of 76 seaters, depending on how many mainline planes we had on the property this last January 1st. Any new planes we get will allow 3 extra 76 seaters too (per Delta mainline plane). I think the max number of 76 seat planes allowed as of Jan 1st---were 15 76 seaters this year. From what I have heard a lot of these 76 seaters will be traded one for one with existing 50 seaters which have become unprofitable. As far as who gets to fly what, that is up to Delta. They just awarded Pinnacle 19 CR9s, and Comair 14 CR9s. Skywest flies quite a few of them now too. If Delta wanted to fly the CR9s with more than 76 seats, they would have to be flown by mainline pilots, and we actually have pay rates for mainline CR9s if they ever wanted to do that.

Bye Bye--General Lee

Scope has unlimited 50 or less seaters......up to 200 (hard number) 70 and 76 seaters throughout the life of the contract.....they were allowed 15 76 seaters for 2007 and then 15 more per year. They can add more 76 seaters for a 1 for 3 mainline addition. There was a mainline fleet snapshot taken on January 1 2007 and that is the starting point.

The ugly thing about this is we are getting old 757's with winglets and they get to add 3 brand-new jets per 757.....

Anyone furloughed and the 76 seaters become 70 seaters until the furloughees return.

The operating number is 200 70+ seaters.....IMHO, this is where they will ask for relief in the next section 6...............As they say in Sparta, "THIS IS WHERE WE FIGHT" (not that my pilot group has done much of that).

The operating number is 200 70+ seaters.....IMHO, this is where they will ask for relief in the next section 6...............As they say in Sparta, "THIS IS WHERE WE FIGHT" (not that my pilot group has done much of that).

Bill is right. The number to watch is the 200 70+ seat RJs. I think this will be hit within a year or two. And this is where the company will go for relief.

Thanks guys, very informative. One last question: Anywhere in the language, does Delta limit who can operate these 70-76 seaters. For example, Mesa flies CRJ900's on the Mesa certificate that are configured with 86 seats, thus they could not fly any airplanes for Delta on the certificate...ala Freedom. Another example would be Republic Airline, not to be confused with the holdings company.

Confused?

Thanks guys, very informative. One last question: Anywhere in the language, does Delta limit who can operate these 70-76 seaters. For example, Mesa flies CRJ900's on the Mesa certificate that are configured with 86 seats, thus they could not fly any airplanes for Delta on the certificate...ala Freedom.

I forget the exact number, but Mesa (for example) could operate a jet certified for 106 seats, as long as it is configured for 97 seats or less. So that would mean a DCI operator could operate an E190 or CRJ1000 on thier own or for someone else, as long as it is configured for 97 seats. Now, the last part is they cannot operate that aircraft on any city pair that is flown by Delta or a Delta affiliate.

The last statement is very limiting. Operated by Delta is defined in the contract as basically any route that operated by Delta or an affiliate and carries the Delta code. So in other words, a DCI carrier could fly a 190 or CRJ-1000 on their own, but it can't be flown on any route that would compete with Delta.

Scope has unlimited 50 or less seaters......up to 200 (hard number) 70 and 76 seaters throughout the life of the contract.....they were allowed 15 76 seaters for 2007 and then 15 more per year. They can add more 76 seaters for a 1 for 3 mainline addition. There was a mainline fleet snapshot taken on January 1 2007 and that is the starting point.

The ugly thing about this is we are getting old 757's with winglets and they get to add 3 brand-new jets per 757.....

Anyone furloughed and the 76 seaters become 70 seaters until the furloughees return.

I think Delta management said in a conference call that the 50 seat RJs were being replaced by the 76 seat RJs. That makes sense since the 50 seaters don't seem to be as profitable anymore and offering a first class section could probably help with revenue. I bet you guys will see more mainline planes, and more of those 50 seaters will leave too. They are really sucking you dry revenue wise.

I think Delta management said in a conference call that the 50 seat RJs were being replaced by the 76 seat RJs. That makes sense since the 50 seaters don't seem to be as profitable anymore and offering a first class section could probably help with revenue. I bet you guys will see more mainline planes, and more of those 50 seaters will leave too. They are really sucking you dry revenue wise.

June 1'st count was 100 70 or more seaters......

Not counting the 15 on order for the Comair Rouge.......Pinnacles orders were included....

Amen to those 50 seaters killing us........but the story will be the same when they come back for scope relief ........

MGMT: "Oh, these 76 seaters just aren't profitable with jet fuel at 2.45 a gallon, we need some help guys cause we're too busy NOT working on fuel hedges....."

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back