• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gen. Petraeus p*sses off the AF

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
This is a take off of an old cartoon that floated around before the age of the Internet. The various degrees of suck are posed in sequential cartoon boxes, then it flashes the last box where an UASF pilot in his motel room, with a cold beer, a pre-diem check, and a comment about not having the HBO channel on the TV, "What no HBO, now this really sucks" Back in the 70’s having stayed in USAF BOQ’s deemed inadequate by the USAF that were 100 times better than living on a ship, I found it funny. Doesn't the USAF have a sense of humor?

Last edited:
None of the people I know -- who are the exact people that Petraeus was making fun of -- thought the joke was offensive.

Maybe some of the thin-skinned AF types who all ready have a chip on their shoulder (you know, the ones who keep telling everyone that "everyone is a warrior!") were offended by this. The people who have actually used kinetic force to kill bad people in support of the war effort didn't flinch. Most of them would buy Petraeus a beer for showing that he has a sense of humor, which many Generals at his level seem to have had removed from their personalities.

I recognized it immediately as being from that old cartoon that circulated in the 80s. If anything, it just shows that his speechwriters should be more original/creative when coming up with jabs at brother services.

I dont think that would be a good idea. The Army would find a way to get the tanks there somehow and then congress would wonder why the AF needs C-17s.
The Army would just contract it out to have some Antonov's fly them over... Oh wait, we're already doing that, with the MRAP's anyway.

This is a take off of an old cartoon that floated around before the age of the Internet. The various degrees of suck are posed in sequential cartoon boxes, then it flashes the last box where an UASF pilot in his motel room, with a cold beer, a pre-diem check, and a comment about not having the HBO channel on the TV, "What no HBO, now this really sucks" Back in the 70’s having stayed in USAF BOQ’s deemed inadequate by the USAF that were 100 times better than living on a ship, I found it funny. Doesn't the USAF have a sense of humor?

Yes we do. MOF I was sitting at the Natl Def University when Gen Patreus made the same joke to us as he briefed us...he also made fun of those who work in vs out of the beltline, Army, Navy, etc. Everyone laughed and no one even mentioned it afterwards......one person does not stand for all.

Dave don't start pointing fingers...

i say we start pulling out ac-130 missions so when army and marines call for help we wont be there. make fun of the air force then. and start pulling c-17 missions so you dont get your tanks. or start pulling out a-10 missions so those hodgies in front of you keep shooting at your ass....

You know you can save yourself the trouble of making that point, by simply pulling all the USAF tankers out. Done. Point made.

This is just ribbing and anyone who is upset by this needs to get a life. This is what the military does. We jab at each other about their respective service, but when it all comes down to the wire....we all do our jobs to "protect and defend the Constitution of the United States".

This is just ribbing and anyone who is upset by this needs to get a life. This is what the military does. We jab at each other about their respective service, but when it all comes down to the wire....we all do our jobs to "protect and defend the Constitution of the United States".

I am not upset about it at all.

I am just sick of Dave Griffin (the original poster) who:

1. is not a pilot
2. his only claim to fame is being a Navy guy who jumped out of USAF planes
3. constantly claims Navy superiority with statements of hyperbole based on fiction

Rant off

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back