• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gemini to file chapter 7

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
So the MD-11 crews get fast-tracked to the bottom of World's seniority list. What about the more senior DC10 folks?

There is currently no short course for the DC-10. The MD-11 folks (43 so far from what I hear) were able to be fast tracked through a shortened course. I have not heard about DC-10 guys being hired yet but they were looking hard at ATA DC-10 guys for awhile,but I have not heard anything new for the DC-10 other than yes they have seats to fill and will be hiring for that airframe as well.

Good Luck to all the GAC folks I hope you land on your feet..........

No one is trying to argue for anything else, Dutch. All is well...

I know it was probably just a poor choice of words. I am guilty of doing so myself. I was just curious as to make sure that is the case... Why not say, "quickly hired by World Airways" or "Hired and fast tracked through training with World Airways". Why make any reference to the seniority list at all. Seemed like flame bait to me. But don't mistake my tone, no drama intended.

I also think PreContact is asking why haven't the more senior DC-10 folks don't get offered the MD-11... I think the short answer is they do but may be seat locked or just not interested in switching aircraft just yet.

Last edited:
I also think PreContact is asking why haven't the more senior DC-10 folks don't get offered the MD-11... I think the short answer is they do but may be seat locked or just not interested in switching aircraft just yet.
Yes that's what I was trying to say. Was there any discussion as to the seniority implications? Or since it's Ch7, all bets are off?

Yes that's what I was trying to say. Was there any discussion as to the seniority implications? Or since it's Ch7, all bets are off?

All of the ex-Gemini guys in class were hired before Chapter 7. They saw the writing on the wall with the CH11 filing and made the smart move. They are treated like any other new hire (except current and qualified MD11 get the short course).

There was some discussion in our union about having to hire street captains for a short time if we got more aircraft and the training department couldn't cope. They would, however, still be at the bottom of the list. Nothing seems to have happened about that yet. It may still be an option since it looks like we are getting more aircraft. Nothing has been decided yet.

As you alluded to, in Chapter 7 its just an asset purchase not a merger so seniority isn't really an issue - new hires go to the bottom of the list.

I was not aware that ATA ever flew DC-10's. I remember they had L-1011's, 757's, 737's, even 707's (while back). Were the DC-10's doing only DoD charters out of the AMC bases?

Let me get this strait, World purchased the Gemini assets, including aircraft?

Latest resources

Back