Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

kamikaize

Giggity
Gemini locked the doors this morning and ceased operation!! They were unable to obtain the financing to continue and are in the process of filling for chapter 7. It was fun while it lasted and I'll never forget the few guys I did get to meet while at the G-spot.

"Soprano"

That bites. Best of luck to you guys.

Nobody "officially" knows anything. NOTHING has come out from HQ. The company website has been closed to access all day. No letters, no phone calls, no nothing! Second hand rumours is all the notice we have from non-company websites.

Absolutely despicable.

There was a company wide memo sent out friday with "expect good things soon" tone to it. A Chiners buyer, yadda yadda ...

You be needing pilots at Atlas?

tj

Lost contact with my bud Tore H.H. Capt. MD-11.
Any Gemini guys, pls link me up with his current e-mail.

Thanks

D.H.

RIP

Sorry to hear that guys. Best of luck. I remember when they first started it really looked promising, bunch of people from my kc-10 unit headed there.
Good Luck

Gemini locked the doors this morning and ceased operation!! They were unable to obtain the financing to continue and are in the process of filling for chapter 7. It was fun while it lasted and I'll never forget the few guys I did get to meet while at the G-spot.

"Soprano"

Your class was a good one. Pity we had so many FTD issues.
Today is a sad day. I enjoyed my time immensely. I loved teaching the new guys on the 11. The 10 was fun.
Up until now I had managed to avoid the carnage of the aviation industry, finally caught up with me....

I miss the guys already......

RF

I use to stay at the Five Towns in back in 2000-2002 in between trips. Use to have coffee and shoot the breeze with the Gemini guys.

Great bunch... Sorry to hear this...

AA

I'm so sorry to hear about Gemini. My 3 years spent there from 2000-2003 were by far my best, most fun times in aviation. I got such a thrill out of flying the DC10 all over the world with the finest crews I've ever had the pleasure of flying with.

Unfortunately, as with most airlines the way management ran things left a lot to be desired and it was my out of seniority furlough in 2002 that lit a fire under my arse and motivated me to look for work elsewhere.

I still miss the huge variety of the flying and the great layovers in places I couldn't dream of visiting if I'd flown for a traditional long haul major airline. Gemini, you'll be missed but never forgotten.

Latest resources

Back