Gemini reserve

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
Another question for frogrunner;

Do their aircraft have the crew rest/ bunk rooms like Atlas or are there first class seats?

Also, how are the hotels and on board food?

Thanks

dhc8drvr said:
still in effect. The company has said that new hires will go to second year pay before being frozen. per the cba, the company and union will soon be allowed to open up two or three sections of the contract, and the pay freeze will hopefully go away, maybe bring back 401k matching also. The relationship between the two groups appears to be one of mutual concern for the company and the employees.

How can the Company just "freeze" the pay rate, when you have a current contract in place ? I have not heard of that, even during negotiations.

320AV8R

320AV8R said:
How can the Company just "freeze" the pay rate, when you have a current contract in place ? I have not heard of that, even during negotiations.

320AV8R

I don't know if you've ever worked at a unionized carrier or not, but it's called an LOA (letter of agreement).

At least that's how every other airline seems to get away with it. Everything is negiotable these days.

Last edited:
dojetdriver said:
I don't know if you've ever worked at a unionized carrier or not, but it's called an LOA (letter of agreement).

At least that's how every other airline seems to get away with it. Everything is negiotable these days.

dojetdriver-

An LOA makes sense.

I thought the Company just unilaterally froze all the pay rates on their own.

Yea, I work for a unionized carrier.......at least it used to be (?)

320AV8R

dojetdriver said:
Another question for frogrunner;

Do their aircraft have the crew rest/ bunk rooms like Atlas or are there first class seats?

Also, how are the hotels and on board food?

Thanks

the 11 has bunks...

seats on the 10

food is great..

hotels for the most part are good to excellent

fogrunner said:
If you really want to work here send your stuff in and see what happens.

Done.

I know one guy, been there a year, another just got hired. Unfortunately I never got to fly with either. Do they consider these types of rec's?

Thanks again.

As of Sept 1st you now have 13 days off ,as per the ALPA contract. Next Sept you go to 14 days off. Hard lines come with different contracts e,g Fedex,Air Canada etc. Reserve is whether you want to work the first half of the month or second half. Not bad,could be better.

Pay freeze was establised in July 2003 and is still in effect:(

Solidarity to our Polar friends,Hang in there. One for all and all for one

Last edited:
I thought so. I was there 12/01-12/04 in the BJ so wouldn't have had the pleasure of crewin' with you. Lots of bubbas from FLOPS leaving now, any more make it your way? Sounds like Gemini shying away from those w/o big jet time... that's a shame but I guess its all about return on investment and cutting ones losses. Know a CIII guy (FMOO) who just got on with CAL... know him? I guess there's hope for frac pilots after all.

Latest resources

Back