Gear Horn Below 150 kts

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

hawkerjet

Could someone give me a quick refresher as to why the gear horn in a Hawker will sound if you have flaps and no gear down and speed 150 and below. Then why doesn't it sound on takeoff????
I have a brain freeze.....

That part I understand, what is confusing me is why will the horn sound with flaps 15 and no gear down and 149 knots on approach, BUT NOT in Takeoff configuration when you get the gear up after takeoff and are still below 150kts

That part I understand, what is confusing me is why will the horn sound with flaps 15 and no gear down and 149 knots on approach, BUT NOT in Takeoff configuration when you get the gear up after takeoff and are still below 150kts

power lever position?

...just guessing

Next time on climb out, pull the power back to idle and see if the horn goes off

If I recall correctly, power levers below 60% N1, flaps 15, no gear down, 150kts = horn. That horn will wake the dead. Anyway Happy New Year everyone all the best.

Last edited:

Latest resources

Back