• Invite everyone to Flightinfo.com and let's have fun

Gateway city pay at NetJets

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
where do people come up with these numbers?! i had only heard 5000...if it is 15000 get ready for a riot. thats just bullsh!t would love to know the sources of these rumors.

Griz said:
Since the MEC hasn't announced a completed TA yet and none of us has seen the partial TA, your guess is as good as the next guy's. We have heard that the company is willing to pay a bonus to pilots that choose to report for work at EWR(TEB), MCO, CMH, LAX or DAL. How much that bonus will be is not known to us right now.

The second part of your question that needs to be addressed is whether or not a proposal with the rumored RCA language as it stands right now will pass. Personally, I don't think it will... but that's my opinion.
$15K bonus pay for living in LA won't go very far at all. It would need to be $150K for LA to be reasonable. If that was offered, I'd consider DAL or MCO - LAX and EWR/TEB are just too expensive...

That is what i had heard from people who had just recently interviewed. Are the majority of the FO getting CAPT pay? I was also under the impression that net jets had a policy were you would get captain pay if someone junior to you upgrades. but reading the posts some people have left alot them are still getting FO pay for the past 3 years or so. Hey before you trash this thread, i am just trying to find out what is really go on.

I would find it difficult to believe the company would pay more than flex apy to an RCA guy.

Flex pay is around 10K per year so I doubt RCA pay will be much more than that.

That is what i had heard from people who had just recently interviewed. Are the majority of the FO getting CAPT pay? I was also under the impression that net jets had a policy were you would get captain pay if someone junior to you upgrades. but reading the posts some people have left alot them are still getting FO pay for the past 3 years or so. Hey before you trash this thread, i am just trying to find out what is really go on
In the past if a if someone upgraded those below him/her would receive captains pay. This is still the scenario today although the most junior bids have been going in the 1200's so those around 1300 through 2000 will not see captains pay anytime soon unless they are already on it. We have tried campaigns to allow the most junior guy in the company to bid captains so the whole pilot group could be on captains pay but the pu$$y MEC wouldn't help. Nutless wonders that they are. Hope this helps. PM me if you are cansidering applaying so I can talk some sense into you.

Seriously though, if you have some questions I will give you an honest and forthright answer.

Last edited:
That is what i had heard from people who had just recently interviewed
Ah yes. That's always a good source. What in the world would make anyone think these management people know anymore about the negotiations than us? They haven't been at the table. They are subject to rumors just as we pilots are. Plus, they have motivation to flat out lie to applicants to make their job easier. I'd be surprised if the differential was more than 10k. My own personal guess ... about 5-7k

Griz said:
Before this latest round of hiring we had about 70 pilots that were on FO pay. Anyone hired after about the middle of October of 2002 is on FO pay and will probably remain there for the foreseeable future. We've got 5-600 FO's on Captains pay that will have to upgrade to continue to draw Captain's pay under the new contract. Figure out how long it will take to go through those guys and then add some time for the FO's on FO pay that are here already. Reasonably, new hires are looking at 5 years before upgrade.

We have over 1850 guys on the seniority list and the lowest bid I've seen in the last two years was for a 400XP Captain slot and it went around 1300. I'm at 1700 and figure I've got 3 more years before I can move over to the left seat.

November 4, 2002 folks still hold Captain's pay. There was a new hire Ultra Captain in the class, he quit last year.

With things so bad at NJA, have you seen any people bail to CS or FLOPS - or are most bailers jumping to corporate/airlines? Sounds like CS treats its pilots with a little more respect...

On Your Six said:
With things so bad at NJA, have you seen any people bail to CS or FLOPS - or are most bailers jumping to corporate/airlines? Sounds like CS treats its pilots with a little more respect...

Respect? I don't know what that is anymore.
Our profession has changed drastically in the last few years.
Just from the few crews I speak to out on the road, treatment is basically the same at all frax. I do know you gotta train on your days off at CS though.

Latest posts

Latest resources

Back