• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web
I hear ya RVSM :)

be safe.

FD

It takes 10 days for a change in the price of a barrel of oil to reach the pump-prices.

Anything that happens between now and next week is continued price-gouging, panic-buying, speculation etc.

...unless there are actual "supply" problems i/e there's no fuel to put on the truck and no fuel delivered to the stations.

BenderGonzales said:
It takes 10 days for a change in the price of a barrel of oil to reach the pump-prices.

Anything that happens between now and next week is continued price-gouging, panic-buying, speculation etc.

...unless there are actual "supply" problems i/e there's no fuel to put on the truck and no fuel delivered to the stations.
The government must do something! How about a hurricane surcharge?

BenderGonzales said:

That's never stopped stations from changing the prices over night with the report of a barrel of crude closing at a higher price. Now, for the price to lower, I would agree, it lowers in a much more controlled manner. It lowers by a few cents every several days...yet I saw a rise of 17 cents in a 24 hr period several weeks ago. :rolleyes:

Flying Illini said:
Or if they rise for increased times of travel, why don't they lower for decreased times of travel?

Those are the questions.

But I think they DO. Right after Labor Day, that is.

Flyingdutchman said:
IP -

Your avater scares the sh*it outa me!

I used to hear that a lot, thus the return of the man-faced dog LOL

The fat cat gas station owners would never pass up an excuse to raise their prices. I'm sure they really sold all the stuff in the tank from the old shipment before they started gouging us for the new shipment.

Icelandair said:
The fat cat gas station owners would never pass up an excuse to raise their prices. I'm sure they really sold all the stuff in the tank from the old shipment before they started gouging us for the new shipment.
I don't know how gas stations are owned or operated in your country, but I think in the US they are individualy owned and operated as franchises.

The gas station owners are making pennies on the gallon, that's why you have to pay two bucks for a soft drink or a candy bar in those places.

If the local owner of a gas station ups the price of gas a nickle because product is becoming scarce, I don't see a problem with that.

Latest resources

Back