Gas to be over $3/gal next few days

Welcome to Flightinfo.com

• Register now and join the discussion
  • Modern secure site, no 3rd party apps required
  • Invite your friends
  • Share the passion of aviation
  • Friendliest aviation community on the web

rvsm410

With 28% of the countries oil production shut down with Katrina ...the local gas stations here are telling us the cost will jump from the current $2.53 to over $3.00 gallon by this wednesday....

I was told gas in Cali went to $3.96 !!! tonight.....

This could cause a major resession in the country, what the heck are we going to do in this business.....do you see airlines just shutting down....

Man o man....

Fear not, rvsm, the price is going up this week because of... ta-da!!... Labor Day weekend. It'll be back down soon. ;)

big freaking deal? let's just hope that all people in New Orleans will walk away from that b*tch.

...and they will, if they were smart enough to leave that b*tch.

Worrying about the aftermath of the hurricane, and how it will affect all of us in the coming months, is a perfectly valid concern, dear dutchman.

Well, that and how the evil oil companies are profiting from our misery.:D

Labor Day?! You...you're not actually insinuating that the oil companies set their prices higher to take advantage of higher travel? The thought! :rolleyes: TC

What, I say, WHAT are you insinuating, sir!? :D

IP -

Your avater scares the sh*it outa me!

other then that, I agree with your concerns.

FD

If prices go above average because of bad weather, how come they never go below average for good weather?:confused:

Flyingdutchman said:
big freaking deal? let's just hope that all people in New Orleans will walk away from that b*tch.

Hey, I hope for minimal losses...I was just making a comment on the overall effects that will probably last for some time to come... I got out of town 3 days before they hit my area, and over $15,000 out of pocket in expenses.....I know without any doubt what hurricanes are capable of...

I feel for those in NO that could not afford to get out...God Bless and protect them...

HMR said:
If prices go above average because of bad weather, how come they never go below average for good weather?:confused:

Or if they rise for increased times of travel, why don't they lower for decreased times of travel?

Those are the questions.

Latest resources

Back